Windows 10 Blue screen error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT indicates a delayed clock interruption in a multiprocessor configuration or we can say there is an issue with the processor that it could not handle and requires a restart. Usually corrupt or incompatible device drivers, software conflicts, or system file issues are the common reasons why the computer is freezing and encountering a blue screen error.
If your windows 10 computer restarted with Clock Watchdog Timeout blue screen error, apply solutions listed below to fix different windows BSOD errors.
Note: If you can’t log into Windows, due to this blue screen Clock Watchdog Timeout Error, try restarting your computer in Safe Mode for troubleshooting.
Clock Watchdog Timeout Error
- Whenever Windows blue screen error occurs, we recommend Disconnect all external devices (USB, external HDD or printer) connected to your system and reboot your PC.
- Also, we recommend, disconnect any new hardware device you recently plugged in.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus program and check if the problem persists.
Install latest Windows Update
Microsoft regularly releases security updates with various bug fixes and improvements. And installing the latest windows updates fix previous bugs as well. Let’s install the latest windows updates that might have a bug fixes for this Clock Watchdog Timeout Error.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Click on Update & security then hit the check for updates button,
- This will start checking for available updates, download and install them.
- You only need to restart your PC to apply them and check the status of this BSOD error.
Update device drivers
Most of the time, windows 10 blue screen error could be caused by faulty, outdated, incorrect or corrupt system driver. That’s why we always recommend, If you want your Windows 10 PC to be stable, it’s important that you update all your drivers.
We recommend update the essential device drivers listed below.
- Chipset Drivers.
- VGA Drivers.
- Network Drivers.
- Audio driver
You can easily download or update your device drivers from the manufacturer’s website for your hardware devices, and search for the most recent correct driver for each.
Update driver on device manager:
- Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok,
- This will open the device manager and list all installed device driver list,
- Expand display adapter, right-click on installed display driver select update
- click on search automatically for drivers and follow on-screen instructions.
Check CPU Temperature
Check and Ensure your computer/laptop doesn’t overheat, and the system’s hardware temperature (CPU, Memory, GPU) is normal.
You can download and third-party utility CPUID HWMonitor that helps monitor system temperature. If your computer overheating check and ensure the airflow outwards is not prevented, also clean your computer from dust remaining inside to avoid overheating problems.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool
Run the windows memory diagnostics tool that helps detect and fix any issues with your RAM.
- Press Windows key + R, type mdsched.exe and click ok,
- This will open the windows memory diagnostic tool,
- Click on Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)
- The computer will restart and check for memory-based problems.
Run system file checker
Again windows blue screen error could occur if some of your system files are corrupted, or lost. Run the DISM and system file checker utility that helps check the system image health, and restore corrupted system files with the correct one.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter key,
- Once the command executed run sfc utility command sfc /scannow
- Let the scanning process complete 100% and reboot your PC.
And now check the status of this blue screen error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
Updating the BIOS
Still need help, try To update the BIOS following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type msinfo32 and click ok,
- This will open the System Information window, scroll down and locate the BIOS version,
- Note down the version and developer of the BIOS installed on your computer.
- Now visit the manufacturer’s website to get the latest version of BIOS downloaded onto your computer.
- Double click on the newly-downloaded file to install the new version of the BIOS, If you are a laptop user make sure to keep it plugged in until this BIOS update is installed.
In addition, open programs and features window using appwiz.cpl and uninstall newly installed third-party Software.
Did these solutions help fix Clock Watchdog Timeout Error in Windows 10? let us know on the comments below.
- Solved: DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
- Solved: Computer randomly restarts while playing games windows 10
- How to change boot order (Boot Sequence) in windows 10 computer or Laptop
- How to Reduce high memory usage in Google chrome Windows 10
- Did Left Click Mouse Button Not Working on computer or laptop? Let’s fix it