Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4534273 (OS Build 17763.973) Windows 10 October 2018 Update. This is January 2020 Patch update for Windows 10 1809 bump OS build 17763.973, focuses on security and non-security fixes and most importantly Windows 10 KB4534273 address Addresses an issue in which the issue to support new SameSite cookie policies by default for release 80 of Google Chrome.
Also, there are a new Cumulative update KB4528760 (OS Builds 18362.592 and 18363.592) available for Windows 10 version 1903 and version 1909 you can read the changelog here.
Download Cumulative Update KB4534273
The latest KB4534273 (OS Build 17763.973) download and install automatically on devices running Windows 10 1809 update. Also, you can manually download and install Update KB4534273 following steps below:
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows update,
- Now hit the check for updates button to download
- Restart Windows, once the download process completed
- Next, you can use winver command to check the build number 17763.914
Windows 10 Build 17763.973 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB4534273
This security update for Windows 10 1809 completely focuses on security improvements and bug fixes as well.
- Addresses an issue to support new SameSite cookie policies by default for release 80 of Google Chrome.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Server.
Known issues KB4534273:
- Some operations such as rename may fail on a Cluster Shared Volume and throw the error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”.
- you may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
- You might be unable to create a local user when using the Input Method Editor (IME).
Windows 10 KB4534293
Devices still running Windows 10 version 1803 receives update KB4534293 (OS Build 17134.1246). Again this Update download and install automatically on devices still running Windows 10 1803.
Note: The Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, has reached the end of support on November 12, 2019, but the company has released update KB4534293 to prepare the device for November 2019 update version 1909 and fix several problems and improve security while bumping the version number to build 17134.1246. Here the complete changelog listed Microsoft support site.
- Updates to improve security when storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Windows Server.
Organizations running the Enterprise or Education edition of Windows 10 1709 receive new update KB4534276 (OS Build 16299.1625) And KB4534296 (OS Build 15063.2254) for version 1703.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4534273, KB4534293 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4528760 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.