A new cumulative update KB4487044 available for windows 10 1809 (October 2018 Update) with multiple quality improvements designed to address a number of issues affecting the previous OS build. Installing KB4487044 bumps the OS to Windows 10 Build 17763.316 and comes with fixes for various issues and security vulnerabilities. For instance, issues with Microsoft Edge has been addressed.
Download Cumulative update KB4476976
If you are running Latest windows 10 1809 Cumulative update KB4487044 Automatically Download and Install on your Device via windows update. Also, you can force Windows Update from Settings, Update & Security check for updates to manually install KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316).
Windows 10 Build 17763.316 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
What’s new Windows 10 Build 17763.316
February 2019 patch for Windows 10 version 1809 include both security and non-security fixes, and it also comprises all the improvements released in the last few updates. According to the Microsoft site, Windows 10 Build 17763.316 addresses an issue where applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format may fail to open.
The update also addresses an issue where the value of LmCompatibilityLevel won’t be set correctly on some PCs. It also includes fix for an issue that causes the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sign-in to fail but it occurs when Windows 2019 Server domain controllers (DC) are used for authentication.
There is two issue in today’s patch there a bug which causes Microsoft Edge to fail to load local websites. and today company confirmed, after installing these cumulative updates, previously abbreviated Japanese date and time strings no longer parse.
Here the complete changelog February 12, 2019—KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316)
- Addresses an issue that fails to set the LmCompatibilityLevel value correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies the authentication mode and session security.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database fails to open with the error, “Unrecognized Database Format”.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sign-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server domain controllers (DC) are used for authentication. The error is, “That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a different method to sign in”. If Active Directory (AD) activity tracing is enabled, a Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) exception may occur in the Windows 2019 DC when processing a user’s sign in. Note: The AD Data Collector Set and Microsoft Azure Advanced Threat Protection (AATP) enable Active Directory activity tracing by default.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass the lock screen sign in process in some workflows.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Windows App Platform and Frameworks.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4476976 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4476976 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.