New cumulative update KB4561608 (OS Build 17763.1282) available for older Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update, Here what’s new!
Today Microsoft has released New cumulative update KB4561608 (OS Build 17763.1282) for Windows 10 October 2018 Update. This is an important update for Windows 10 1809 bump OS build 17763.1282 and focuses both security and non-security fixes. As per Microsoft support site, KB4561608 improves security when Windows performs basic operations, Microsoft Office products, update storing and managing files, Addresses an issue that prevents users from updating .msi files from a network folder and more.
Also, there are a new Cumulative update KB4560960 (OS Builds 18362.900 and 18363.900) available for Windows 10 version 1903 and version 1909 you can read the changelog here.
Download Cumulative Update KB4561608
latest KB4561608 (OS Build 17763.1282) is an important update download and installs automatically that bundled previous update fixes as well. Also, you can manually check for and install the update following the steps below.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows update,
- You will notice KB4561608 started downloading,
- Restart Windows, once the download process completed
- Next, you can use winver command to check the build number 17763.1282
Windows 10 Build 17763.1282 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB4561608
The latest KB4561608 brings Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Addresses an issue that causes the promotion of a server to a domain controller to fail.
- Addresses a security issue described in CVE-2018-0886 by adding support for the “Encryption Oracle Remediation” policy setting and changing the default value from Vulnerable to Mitigated.
Also, the company says that Windows 10 KB4556799 improves security in several areas when Windows performs basic operations, using Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Xbox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge storing and managing files, verifying usernames and passwords and when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
Known issues KB4561608:
- You may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
To mitigate this issue Microsoft suggests, Uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. And If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
Windows 10 KB4561621
Devices still running Windows 10 version 1803 receive update KB4561621(OS Build 17134.1550) that to fix several problems listed here.
Note: The Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, has reached the end of support on November 12, 2019, but the company has released update KB4561621 to improve security when Windows performs basic operations, storing and managing files, Microsoft Office products and more.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4561608, KB4561621 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4561608 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.
- Fix your PC needs to be repaired error 0xc0000225 on windows 10
- How To Enable and Configure Windows 10 Night Light settings
- Solved: Can’t connect to this network error on Windows 10
- Windows 10 1909 Update Error 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 (3 Working solutions)
- windows 10 won’t shut down after update? Here’s How To Fix It!
- Troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10