Today Microsoft has released New cumulative update KB4541331 (OS Build 17763.1131) for Windows 10 October 2018 Update. This is an optional update for Windows 10 1809 bump OS build 17763.1131 and focuses non-security fixes. As per Microsoft support site, KB4541331 brings updates for verifying user names and passwords, improve security when Windows performs basic operations, improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and more.
Also, there are a new Cumulative update KB4541335 (OS Builds 18362.752 and 18363.752) available for Windows 10 version 1903 and version 1909 you can read the changelog here.
Download Cumulative Update KB4541331
latest KB4541331 (OS Build 17763.1131) is an important update download and installs automatically that bundled previous update fixes as well. Also, you can manually check for and install the update following the steps below.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows update,
- You will notice KB4541331 started downloading,
- Restart Windows, once the download process completed
- Next, you can use winver command to check the build number 17763.1098
Windows 10 Build 17763.1131 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 1809 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB4541331
The latest KB4541331 brings Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel, Windows Core Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Peripherals, Windows Update Stack, and Windows Server.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Updates for verifying user names and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras).
Known issues KB4541331:
- While using Windows Server containers with the March 10, 2020 updates, you might encounter issues with 32-bit applications and processes.
- you may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
Windows 10 KB4541333
Devices still running Windows 10 version 1803 receive update KB4541333 (OS Build 17134.1399) that to fix several problems listed here.
Note: The Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, has reached the end of support on November 12, 2019, but the company has released update KB4541333 to fix error when printing to a document share, Improves application and device compatibility with Windows updates and more.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4541331, KB4540689 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4541331 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.
- Fix your PC needs to be repaired error 0xc0000225 on windows 10
- How To Enable and Configure Windows 10 Night Light settings
- Solved: Can’t connect to this network error on Windows 10
- Windows 10 1909 Update Error 0x80070002 or 0x80070003 (3 Working solutions)
- windows 10 won’t shut down after update? Here’s How To Fix It!
- Troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10