Today (15/01/2019) Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4480976 for Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update). Installing latest Cumulative update KB4480976 change the OS build number to Windows 10 Build 17134.556 and delivers a number of fixes and improvements. However, they haven’t fixed any of the problems that previous cumulative updates brought in, including the SqlConnection and Start menu related bugs.
Download Windows 10 Build 17134.556
If your Device Running Windows 10 version 1803 and connected to Microsoft server, the latest Cumulative update KB4480976, Automatically Download and install via Windows Update. Always you can force Windows Update from settings, Update & Security and check for updates to download and install KB4480976 (OS Build 17134.556).
checking for windows 10 updates
Offline Installation package also available on Microsoft catalog blog, Or you can direct download kb offline package from given link below.
Note: If you are Looking for Windows 10 1809 ISO image click here.
Whats new KB4480976 (OS Build 17134.556)
According to Microsoft blog, Installing latest Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4480976 (OS Build 17134.556) fix black screen issue that appeared when a Thunderbolt storage device was attached, The company says it has addressed a bug that caused high CPU usage due to the Windows Driver Frameworks service. Microsoft Edge that fails to trigger the focusin event, BitLocker Network Unlock to fail on generation 2 virtual machines and more.
Also, There are several known issues in this cumulative update, and all of them are inherited from the previous releases. Here the complete changelog of Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.556 (KB4480976):
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge that fails to trigger the focusin event if the focus event listener of an element shifts focus to another element.
- Addresses an issue that prevents sharing and timeline features and roaming settings from working for accounts that use Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some applications from displaying the Help (F1) window correctly.
- Addresses an issue that causes power options to appear on the Windows security screen when the per user group policy to hide power options is set.
- Addresses an issue that prevents links for certain compressed file formats from resolving.
- Addresses an issue that causes BitLocker Network Unlock to fail on generation 2 virtual machines when it’s used in a network that only supports IPv4.
- Addresses a privacy issue with apps that obtain the BroadFileSystemAccess capability without a user’s consent.
- Addresses an issue in which WAM logging causes some applications such as Microsoft Office to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that causes catalog signed scripts, including those shipped as part of Windows, to incorrectly generate a Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) failure audit event.
- Addresses an issue in which Windows Driver Frameworks causes high CPU utilization. As a result, the user-mode driver stops working when the device resumes from Hibernate (S4).
- Addresses an issue that may cause a 30-second delay when deleting or renaming a link in a Distributed File System (DFS) Namespace. Additionally, renaming a folder may take 30 seconds when multiple users work in a group share simultaneously, and File Explorer stops responding.
- Addresses an issue that prevents you from overwriting a file in a shared folder because of an Access Denied error when a filter driver is loaded.
- Addresses an issue that may cause third-party applications to have difficulty authenticating hotspots.
- Addresses an issue that may cause a blue screen to appear when a Thunderbolt storage device is attached.
Don’t forget to check known issues on Microsoft blog here.
If you face any difficulty installing Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.556 (KB4480976), Windows update stuck downloading failed with different error check how to fix windows update problems here.