Today On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 version 2004, aka May 2020 update with a number of new features and improvements. The latest feature update includes number of features include a new Cortana app, Cloud Reset, Windows Subsystem for Linux 2, improvements to Windows Search and more. As previous update experience or some reasons, a number of users interested delay window 10 May 2020 update download. If you are one of them don’t want to disturb the existing setup, Here the official ways to stop windows 10 feature update from installing.
Post Contents :-
Block Windows 10 May 2020 Update
Well, Windows 10 allows pause update, defer the update for (Pro and Enterprise editions) and set metered connection for Home users to postpone the next feature update. Let’s see how to configure these options to skip feature updates installation on Windows 10.
Pause windows 10 updates
You Can use the Pause Updates option To temporarily stop the Windows 10 version 2004 from downloading and installing on your device. Here follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings App,
- Click on Update & Settings then Windows update,
- Here Under “Update settings,” click the Advanced options link.
- Over here, you’ll see three sections: Update options, Update notifications and Pause updates.
- Click on Pause updates and under Select date, choose how long you want to block Windows 10 1909 (you can do that for up to 35 days).
- That’s all, this will prevent Windows 10 may 2020 update from download and install on your computer for up to 35 days since you turned on the option.
Defer feature updates in Windows 10
Well, pause update only delays the update for 35 days only. But If you are looking for delay windows update more then 35 days, then you can use the Defer windows update option to delay Windows 10 version for several months. But this feature is also limited to Windows 10 Pro editions only. If you have Windows 10 Home edition, looking for Delay windows 10 1903 update skip to next step.
you can defer Windows update from settings app or using group policy editor.
Using Windows settings
- Press keyboard shortcut Windows + I to open the Settings app,
- Click on Update & Security then windows update
- And click the Advanced options link on right hand side.
- Under “Choose when updates are installed,” select the readiness level that you want to delay the update:
- To delay the update for longer than one month, click the drop-down menu under feature update includes new capabilities and improvements’.
- In this drop-down menu select the number of additional days you would like to defer the update for, up to a maximum of 365.
- And that’s it. Your device will not receive the Windows 10 May 2020 Update until the time you’ve specified, or until you revert the settings.
Using Group policy
- Press Windows + R, type gpedit.msc And Ok to open group policy editor,
- Then Navigate following
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Windows Updates.
- Here Double-click on “Select when Feature Updates are received” Set the policy enabled to activates the options that are provided
You have two options to postpone the update:
- Defer the Feature update for up to 365 days.
- Pause Feature updates for up to 35 days.
Temporarily Block Windows 10 2004 for Home editions
Windows 10 Home is a more restricted version of the OS when it comes to updates. There are no options in the Settings app to defer the May 2020 update. But you can turn on a metered connection to temporarily block the update.
- Open your computer’s settings by pressing Windows + I.
- Here, click on “Network & Internet”. Select Ethernet / WiFi connection.
- and Turn on the Metered connection toggle switch.
Permanently Blok/Disable Windows 10 update
You can completely Disable Windows Updates Download and installation by Disable the Windows services. To do this follow steps below.
- Press Window + R, Type services.msc and ok to open windows services.
- Now scroll download and look for Windows update service.
- Double click on it to open the properties window.
- Change the startup type Disable and stop the service next to service status
That’s all you have successfully skip feature updates installation on Windows 10 for few days to few months. Wait some days, regularly check and read reviews about windows 10 May 2020 update. When you found the operating system gets stable and working properly without any error you can disable these options to check and install the latest Windows 10 version 2004
- Things To do Before Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 2004
- How to automatically backup a folder in windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Use Storage Sense To Automatically Free Up Space In Windows 10
- How to extend the 10 day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows
- 7 Tips To Maximize Battery Life on Windows 10 Laptops 2020 !!!