Looking for Enable Guest Account On your Windows 10 Computer / Laptop To Allow Visitors to login with Some App Restrictions. Here We have Shared Different Ways To Enable Guest Account on Windows 10 computers Include Home Editions. Let’s first understand What is the Guest Account, And How It Works.
The users login As guest account can’t access files on other accounts, can’t make any changes to system settings. Like create new user account, or create a password for the account. In Windows 10, Microsoft has moved almost all user account settings to the new Settings app, but there is no option under the Accounts section of Settings to enable the guest account. The Settings app only allows you to create local or Microsoft accounts. Here we have shared Some Different ways to Enable Guest Account On your Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers.
Enable Guest Account On Windows 10
You Can Enable Guest Account Via Local Users And Groups, From User Account Control, Using Group policy or you Can use Command prompt To Enable Guest Account. If you are Windows Home Basic Users Try to Enable Guest Account Via Command prompt Because of Local user and Groups, User Account control and group policy option Not available this Edition.
Note: Bellow Steps Are applicable to All Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7 Computer.
Enable Guest account via Local Users and Groups
- In the Start menu or Taskbar search box, type Lusrmgr.msc then press the Enter key to open Local Users and Groups.
- Here, on the left-side, under Local Users and Groups (local), click Users. Next, in the middle pane, double-click on Users to view all user accounts on your Windows 10 PC. Now Right-click the Guest and then click Properties or double-click on Guest to open its properties.
- To enable the Guest account, under the General tab, uncheck the option titled Account is disabled. In the full name field, type in a name for the account if you wish to have a different name for the account, and then click the Apply button to enable the guest account.
- To sign in or switch to the Guest account, click on your user account name on the Start menu (top-left of the Start) and then click on the Guest account to switch the account.
Enable Guest account Using User Account control
Again you can Enable Guest Account From user Account Controls.
- First press Windows +R, Type netplwiz and hit the enter key It will open User Accounts.
- Click on Add, Here On Add User Account windows type the User name As My Guest,
- Set Password for the Account, Reenter the password and type the password Hint As Shown on Bellow picture.
- Click on Next now you will see The following User Will be Able to sing into this PC click on finish.
- Now select my guest Account on the User Account Control window As shown on the below image.
- Click on properties on my guest properties windows three options are There Standard use, Administrator and Other click on Other and Select Guests click apply.
- This user account is behaving As a Guest Account.
Enable guest account via Command Prompt
If you Are windows Home Basic Users Then This is the most Applicable way to Enable Guest Account for your windows. First Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do so, type CMD in the Start menu or taskbar search box to see Command Prompt in the search results, right-click on the Command Prompt entry, and then click Run as administrator option.
Here In the elevated prompt, type the following command and then hit the Enter key To Execute the command.
net user guest /active:yes
Enable guest account in Windows 10 via Group Policy
Note that Group Policy is not part of the Home edition of Windows 10. So, this method doesn’t work on Windows 10 Home edition.
First Open Group Policy Editor, by typing Edit Group Policy in the Start or taskbar search box and then pressing the Enter key. Click Yes if and when you see the UAC prompt. Now In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following policy:
Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.
Here On the right-side, look for the policy labeled Accounts. Guest account status and double-click on the same to open its properties.
Select the Enabled option and then click the Apply button to turn on the Guest account in Windows 10.
These are some best methods to easily enable Guest Account on Windows 10. And fix windows 10 guest account not working, windows 10 guest account missing. Have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below.