In computer network proxy server (also known as a “proxy” or “application-level gateway”) acts as an intermediary between users and the internet. Proxy servers provide increased performance and security, But sometimes Malicious programs or incorrect software installation may cause changes in the proxy settings and make difficult Internet access. Again incorrect proxy settings also cause connection issues such as unable to load any webpage or very slow when loading webpages. And you can disable proxy settings in windows 10 to avoid or fix these types of problems.
How to disable proxy settings in Windows 10
If you are looking for Disable proxy settings in Windows 10, here In this post we explain 3 different ways (1. Internet options, 2. windows 10 settings 3. Registry tweak) Let’s follow.
Disable network proxy settings from Internet options
From control panel -> Internet options you can easily disable or remove proxy settings on a windows computer. Here is how
- Press Windows key + R, type inetcpl.cpl and click ok
- This will open Internet options, go to connections tab then click LAN settings,
- In the Local Area Network (LAN) settings window, make sure to uncheck use a proxy for your LAN
- And finally, close the Internet properties window by clicking Apply and Ok
That’s all you have successfully removed the proxy settings from your computer.
Disable network proxy using Settings app
In addition, you can also disable network proxy from the windows 10 settings app following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + X then select settings,
- Go to Network and Internet then click Proxy
- Under Automatic proxy setup toggle off switch next to Automatically detect settings
- Now scroll down and click on the slider below Use a proxy server and turn it off too.
Disable proxy settings through registry
You can also tweak the windows registry editor to disable network proxy settings in Windows 10. Here how to do it
- Press Windows key + S type regedit and select registry editor,
- Now navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine -> Software -> Policies -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Internet Settings
- Right-click Internet Settings, expand New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value from the context menu.
- Name the new value as ProxySettingsPerUser and double-click to open it. set its Value Data as 1
- Click ok, close registry editor and restart your computer to take effect the changes.
Note: Any time you can delete ProxySettingsPerUser key to revert the change.
That’s all, Proxy Settings of your computer are now turned off.
- Solved: Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings
- Solved: The proxy server is not responding in windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- What Is The Difference Between A VPN And A Proxy and how they work?
- How to fix The proxy Server Refusing connections Error on windows 10, 8.1,7
- Windows 10 can’t detect Network proxy Settings? Here 5 working solutions