Did you notice Internet connection suddenly stopped working and showing an error message There is no internet connection – DNS Probe Finished No Internet. Also, some users report after the recent Windows 10 upgrade internet connection goes down after around 5-10 minutes of browsing. Restarting computer restores my connection, but then it will go down again after another 5-10 minutes of browsing showing error message There is no internet connection – dns_probe_finished_no_internet. Here some effective solutions to fix most of google chrome errors such as DNS probe finished no internet, DNS probe finished nxdomain, DNS probe finished bad config etc on windows 10.
DNS Probe Finished No Internet
DNS is Domain name system service which Resolves IP address to Hostname and Hostname into IP Address. Normally Computer only understands numbers (IP address) when we type any hostname the web browser resolves the IP address of the corresponding website using Domain Name System (DNS). As the name shows this is DNS related error it fails to resolve host to IP or IP to host that causing There is no internet connection – dns_probe_finished_no_internet.
DNS probe finished nxdomain windows 10
Start with Basic Solution first make sure your internet connection is working properly. Restart your Router, Modem, and computer to take A Fresh Start.
Perform a full system scan for virus malware infection with the latest updated antivirus software.
Run free System optimizer like Ccleaner to clean junk, Browser cache, cookies, Cache, System error files etc and Fix broken registry Entries. After That Restart windows and open google chrome and check to work properly without any error page.
Also Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third-party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.
Run System file checker utility to check and make sure any corrupted missing system files not causing the issue.
Check Proxy settings
- click on start menu search type internet options and hit the enter key.
- Move to the connection tab and click LAN Settings at the bottom.
- Now Uncheck the ”Use a proxy server for your LAN” box.
- Make sure the Automatically detect settings” box is selected.
- click ok and apply check problem fixed.
Check DNS client service is running
As discussed before this is DNS related problem, make sure DNS client service is running. To check and restart the DNS client service,
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok to open windows services console.
- Scroll down and locate DNS Client,
- Check If DNS client service is running state then, Right-click and Select Restart to get a fresh start the service.
If the service was not started then double click on it change the startup type Automatic and Start the service next to service status. Now the DNS client will Start /restart, open chrome browser and check dns_probe_finished_no_internet will be resolved.
Flush DNS Cache
Flushing the DNS address restarts the connection with the DNS server. In most of the cases, Reset the TCP/IP configuration and flush DNS fix most of the internet related problems include DNS probe finished no internet. To do this, type cmd on Start menu search, Right click on command prompt from search results and run as administrator. Then Perform Command bellow
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set DNS
After That type exit to close the command prompt and restart windows to take effect the changes. Now check There is no more internet connection issue on chrome browser.
Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS
This is another effective solution to fix most of DNS related problems include ( DNS probe finished no internet, DNS probe finished nxdomain, DNS probe finished bad config ).
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok to open network configuration window.
- Here right click on the active network connection and select properties.
- Then double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open its properties.
- Select the Radio button ‘Use the following DNS server address:’ and set the address below.
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Or also you can use DNS address below.
- Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it, Restart windows and check internet connection working properly.
Reinstall Network Adapter driver
As discussed before If the problem starts after windows 10 upgrade, or an error occurs after running 10 or 15 min and a simple restart restores the internet connection. This might be a problem with the network adapter driver. May network adapter driver corrupted, not compatible with the current windows version. If after performing solutions didn’t fix the issue you must update/reinstall the network adapter driver to make sure the outdated driver not causing the issue.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter key to open device manager.
- Then expend network adapter right click on network adapter driver and select update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software and follow on-screen instructions.
- This will download and install the latest driver software if available.
Reinstall network adapter driver
- Also, you can visit the device manufacturer website and download the latest driver for your network adapter, save it on your local drive.
- Now again from the device manager right click on the installed network adapter and select uninstall.
- Restart windows and install the latest driver you previously downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
- Again restart windows and check the problem fixed.
These are some most effective solutions to fix most of google chrome error such as there is no internet connection – DNS probe finished no internet, DNS probe finished nxdomain, DNS probe finished bad config etc on windows 10, 8.1 and 7. Have any query, suggestion about this post feel free to discuss in comments below.
- Google Chrome Slow, Not perform well on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- 5 Working Solutions to Fix unidentified network no internet access on Windows 10
- 15 Tips to Optimize Windows 10 1903 for better performance
- Firefox Quantum vs Google Chrome A Quick Comparison
- How to Fix Google chrome Class not Registered Error on Windows 10