Recently Microsoft Roll out Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 with a number of new features and security improvements. And this is a Free Upgrade means if your windows 10 machine connected to Microsoft server then your machine receives the notification feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 as an optional update and you need click download and install now to get Windows 10 May 2020 update installed on your device.
Also, Microsoft released the official Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant and Media Creation Tool to make the upgrade process much smoother. But if you are still using Windows 7 or 8.1 and looking for Switch to windows 10 or resolve performance, startup, shut down, memory, and apps issues Here this post we have steps to Perform a Clean Install of Windows 10.
Perform clean install of Windows 10 is an effective method to delete viruses and virtually any kind of malware, and it can even help to improve battery life on laptops and tablets as well.
Windows 10 System Requirements
Before performing clean Install Windows 10 November Update first make sure your computer hardware meets the minimum system requirement to install windows 10. Here below are the minimum System Requirement to install windows 10.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
- Hard disk space: Microsoft recommends 32 GB of free space for both 32-bit or 64-bit OS.
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display: 800×600.
Well, to perform windows 10 clean installation we need an installation media such as bootable USB or DVD. If you don’t have here how to create an installation media like DVD or Make your USB bootable.
Also, Make sure to backup all your data or move to a safe location because during installation the system drive data will be erased.
Check you have a 64-bit or 32-bit processor (CPU), To check this on your PC, go to PC info in PC settings or System in Control Panel, and look for System type.
Windows 10 detects and installing most device drivers automatically, But safer side we recommend to download and save the essential drivers for the network adapter and graphics card, in case the setup fails to add these drivers correctly.
Clean Install Windows 10
When you ready with Installation media insert it to your PC and Next step you have to Set your BIOS setting your computer to boot from a DVD or USB Drive.
Access BIOS setup
Restart the system while restart press F2, F12, Or del key (depend on your system manufacturer, Most of the time Del key access the BIOS setup.) to enter the Boot Options Setup.
Here you will have to change the boot order.
- If your device uses Secure Boot/UEFI, you will have to change it to Legacy.
- Disable Secure Boot, enable the Legacy option and set Boot List option to Legacy.
- Use the 4 arrow keys on your keyboard, navigate to the Boot tab and change the settings.
- Next move set CD/DVD or USB Storage Device to the first position and set it to be the first device to boot from.
After making the changes press the F10 key to make save changes.
Once you have done this, with your USB connected or media drive to your laptop/ desktop, restart the System.
Start Windows 10 Installation
- Now your computer will boot from the installation media and display the following screen.
- Choose the Language to install, the Time & Currency format and the Keyboard or Input method, and click on Next.
- On the next window click on Install Now.
Now type the product key if this is your first time installing Windows 10. If you’re reinstalling the OS, you can click the I don’t have a product key option to continue
- Next Select the edition of Windows 10, Here make sure to select the edition of your product key activates.
- On next screen checkmark, I accept the license terms option to continue.
- Now select the type of installation you want.
- Do you want to upgrade your existing Windows installation and keep the files and settings, or do you want to Custom install Windows?
- Since we want to go in for fresh or clean install windows 10, select Custom Install.
- Next, you will be asked the Partition where you want to install Windows 10.
- Select your partition carefully and click Next. If you did not create a partition earlier, this setup wizard also lets you create one now.
- After Create partitions select the drive you want to install windows click next.
- Once you complete the steps, the setup will proceed with the fresh installation of Windows 10 on the device.
It will copy setup files, install features, install updates if any, and finally clean up the residual installation files. Once this is done, your PC will restart.
Check Bellow posts If Installation process failed with different Errors
- Fix unable to install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004
- We couldn’t install Windows 10 May 2020 Update 0x8007002C-0x400D
- Fix We couldn’t install Windows 10 error 0xC1900101-0x20017
Configure Windows 10 Installation
Then perform getting device Ready it will take some time to complete 100%. Next Windows 10 will ask you a few basic questions about your preferences. Before completing the installation and taking you to the Windows 10 desktop.
- Select your Region and then keyboard layout,
- Select option Set up for personal use,
- Next type your Microsoft account information to create an account, Also there is option “offline account” to create a local user account.
Read the difference between Windows 10 Local user account vs Microsoft account.
Customize and Select your privacy settings Click the Accept button.
That’s all the settings you selected will apply to the installation, and the desktop should now appear.
Now after installation complete, we have to Activate the windows to access full features.
Activate Windows 10
If you have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 or 7 most time this will Activate windows automatically. And for the users who perform a clean installation and purchased genuine windows 10 license key, you can use the same to activate windows 10.
You can simply activate Windows 10 by going to Settings -> Update & security -> Activation and selecting Change Product Key. Here enter your product key.
I hope these steps will help you to know how to check the system requirement for windows 10 installation. create an Installation media using windows media creation tool and perform clean install windows 10 or clean install windows 10 without losing data step by step. Have any query or anything missing feel free to comment below.
- How to Refresh Windows 10 without losing data and apps
- Solved: Windows 10 Slow Shutdown after Update
- Microsoft Edge Crashes or Not Working after Windows 10 !!!
- Antivirus vs VPN, Do You Really Need Both of these protection services?
- Google Chrome Slow, Not perform well on Windows 10? Try these solutions