As previously rumored Microsoft is building a new Edge browser that’s based on Chromium. Now the company has finally released the first preview of the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine, with lots of improvements, including support for Chrome extensions, picture in picture mode and a lot more. Also, Microsoft working on building in sync support for things like favorites, browsing history, and extensions to sync across Edge. Here in this post, we go through steps to download and install the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
Note: With Microsoft Edge Build 220.127.116.11 company has made the new Microsoft Edge available for testing on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 as well.
Post Contents :-
Microsoft Edge Insider Channels
Before download and install lets understand Microsoft Edge Insider Channels first. When you open the Microsoft edge insider download page, you represent three different Channels.
As per the company, the beta channel will offer the most stable and less buggy Edge preview experience. Where The dev builds is one step of Edge is a step ahead of Canary, but it is more unstable than Beta. And the Edge Canary is the most unstable build of all the versions and it is updated regularly with fixes or major changes.
Microsoft Edge Dev Update
Microsoft has recently released a new version of its chromium-based Microsoft edge browser for dev channel that changes the build number 80.0.328.4. This build doesn’t come with any new features, but there are lots of new reliability improvements. Also, fixed issues where the browser might crash on launch, and resolved is an issue where closing a tab might cause the browser to crash.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where closing a tab sometimes causes the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where installing extensions sometimes leads to a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to certain websites crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where Edge crashes on close, causing the Restore Tabs prompt to unexpectedly appear at startup.
- Fixed an issue where only the first Edge window opened in a session is all white with no UI.
- Fixed a hang on launch.
- Fixed an issue where Edge on Mac hangs when a user clicks the Restart button on the Settings page to install an update.
- Fixed an issue where favorites aren’t syncing properly between machines.
- Fixed some issues where videos protected by DRM, such as on Netflix, don’t play.
- Fixed an issue where the Share dialog doesn’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a website to the Taskbar fails.
- Reduced the number of times sync errors result in a prompt for user interaction.
- Improved the reliability of screenshots so they stop appearing all black when submitting feedback.
- Fixed an issue where extensions that are installed from the Chrome Web Store are not getting automatically updated.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows re-open when the browser is started even when the startup settings aren’t set to restore the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where the Taskbar icon for Edge isn’t updated to the new icon for some users.
- Fixed an issue where two Edge icons sometimes appear on the Taskbar after an Edge update.
- Fixed an issue where some UI images on Mac have black backgrounds.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience appears on every new tab for some users.
- Fixed an issue where users in certain countries who are not signed into Windows with a work or school account still are not able to remove “Work” profiles that were automatically added to Edge even after a previous fix for this issue was shipped.
- Fixed an issue where the password save prompt unexpectedly appears when filling out credit card info on certain websites.
- Fixed an issue where the … menu appears truncated.
- Fixed an issue where Edge doesn’t interact properly with other applications that try to show dialogs in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue where using the Mac Touch Bar to switch tabs sometimes doesn’t work properly if the tabs are playing video.
- Fixed an issue where zoom is triggering in Reading View on Mac when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where new data types are available to sync, but they aren’t enabled by default.
- Fixed an issue where the sync customization page during the first run experience doesn’t properly enable sync for the selected items.
- Fixed an issue where enabling sync during the first run experience doesn’t enable sync on certain data types.
- Improved the behavior of importing favorites on Mac.
- Updated the sync Settings page to show more types of data that will be available in the future, but with the switches disabled until that data type is available.
- Fixed an issue where there are two Passwords toggles and no Favorites toggle on the Settings page.
- Fixed an issue where the Restart button is always visible on the language Settings page on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where importing browser data from other Chrome profiles than the default one shows an incorrect profile name during the import process.
- Fixed an issue where the setting to show the favorites bar is not imported properly from Chrome.
- Improved what images are used when saving certain websites to a Collection.
- Added the ability to copy all Collections items to the clipboard.
Source: – Techcommunity
Download Microsoft Edge Chromium
Head to the Microsoft Edge Insider page and click the “Download Dev Channel for Windows 10” button Next Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
This will download the Microsoft Edge installer Now open Open Microsoft Edge Setup. And Follow the on-screen instructions to install the browser.
That’s all The browser will launch automatically after installation is complete.
How to uninstall Microsoft edge dev
This Microsoft edge Dve does not replace your current version of Microsoft Edge, and anytime if you are not interested in the beta edge you can uninstall it from Settings > Apps and scroll down to “Microsoft Edge Dev” and click the “Uninstall” button.
Note: Keep in mind that this is an early developer version of the browser. So, you can expect bugs and glitches with the user experience. And some sites, services, and extensions may not work correctly.