Getting Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal BSOD error while playing games, working on heavy graphics programs such as (3D max, Autocad, Photoshop), Or even after recent windows upgrade? Usually when the system needed to meet the performance expectations and PCs being unable to handle the pressure. This will result from the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error such as DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Mostly Windows 10 Blue Screen Errors Are related to a Hardware or Software related problem. But when looking for the reason behind “Driver IRQL not less or equal BSOD Error It means Installed Device driver is unable to communicate with the specific hardware device”. This may be due To Driver conflict or incompatible Device driver, Corrupted system files, Security software and more.
Issue: Driver irql_less_or_not equal error when connecting to a wireless display whist using both a wireless and an Ethernet connection
Since the latest Windows 10 update , connecting to a wireless display while using both an ethernet and wireless connection is causing a blue screen with the error “Driver irql_less_or_not equal”. I’ve tried updating both the motherboard network driver for the ethernet and the driver for my PCI-E wireless adapter. Neither resolve this problem and this was not an issue prior to the upgrade.
- 1 Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal Windows 10
Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal Windows 10
If you are also struggling form similar blue screen error, here apply the solutions below to fix Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Whenever you face any blue Screen error, the first thing you must try “Disconnect All External Devices” Such as printer, scanner, external HDD, etc ( except keyboard & mouse ) And start windows to check and make sure any external device, Driver conflict not causing this BSOD error.
If due to This Blue Screen error System frequently restarts unable to start normally cause you need to Start Windows into Safe mode using Advanced Startup options. And apply solutions below to fix IRQL not less or equal windows 10.
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of a computer model that enables users of Windows 10 to enter an altered version of windows. And correct any problems that may be preventing them from entering booting up normally. Now on the Safe mode, you can easily perform Bellow troubleshooting Steps to Fix Driver irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 BSOD Error.
Update Device drivers
Updating device drivers (especially the graphics driver) usually solves most of ( almost 70% ) BSOD error on windows 10 computers. Again If the “Driver irql not less or equal BSOD” problem started after the recent windows 10 upgrade (which mostly causes driver incompatibility issue) And while installing a new device, Or attach/connect to a specific Device. Update or Reinstall the Device driver very helpful solution to deal with this BSOD error. Well if you notice irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD causing while connecting to WiFi network that causes reinstalling driver for WiFi adapter probably a good fix.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error can be fixed by updating/upgrading everything of your PC. You just need to do the following things.
- Install latest service pack.
- Always Keep up to date your PC.
- Upgrade all of your Drivers to the latest version.
Reinstall Problematic Driver on Windows 10
The Best recommended way to update your system device driver, visit the device manufacturer website (such as if you are using Laptop visit, Dell, HP, Lenovo etc, For Desktop computer visit the motherboard manufacturer website) Download the latest available Driver version and save it on the local drive.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager, and display all installed driver list,
- Here expand the Driver ( or example Display Driver) right-click on the currently installed driver and select uninstall.
- Do the same with other Drivers especially (Network Adapter And Audio Driver)
- After uninstalling All problematic drivers Restart your Computer.
- On next start to install the Driver, that you have previously downloaded from the manufacturer website.
- Now Restart windows and start normally check BSOD error gone.
Update Device Driver on Windows 10
Also, you can follow the steps below to automatically check and install the driver from windows update.
- Again open device manager using devmgmg.msc
- expend display adapters,
- Right, click on installed graphics driver and select update driver.
- Select the “Search Automatically for updated driver software” option (when you are connected to the internet), And let windows to check for the latest available driver.
- If found any, windows automatically download and install them for you.
- After that restart windows and check, If driver incompatibility causing this “Driver irql not less or equal” After reinstall or Update device driver you never face any BSOD error.
Uninstall Security software And Recently installed Applications
If updating and reinstall the device driver didn’t fix “Driver irql_not_less_or_equal” BSOD then here some other solutions you must try Such as temporarily uninstall Security software (Antivirus) if installed.
Also if you notice the problem started after installing a third-party application, (may this application is not compatible with the current OS version). We recommend to uninstall recently installed applications and check this helps.
- To uninstall recently installed applications or Antivirus software
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and ok to open the Programs and Features window.
- Here right-click on the recently installed application and select uninstall.
Check Disk Drive Corruption using CHKSDK
In some cases, these BSODs can be attributed to hard drive corruption. Over time, your PC can develop errors on the hard disk drive due to repeated, unintended misuse. Improper shutdowns, “hard closing” programs, corrupt or incomplete installation of software (eg. Windows Operating System), power outages can corrupt your file system and stored data. As a result, you may experience blue screen errors associated with IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL.
To Deal with issues like this Microsoft Added a convenient utility called “chkdsk” (“Check Disk”) to scan and repair hard disk corruption. We recommend running chkdsk command (with add extra parameter /f /r) to force chkdsk scan and fix the Disk driver problems itself.
Open Command prompt as administrator then type chkdsk C: /f /r and hit the enter key.
Tip: CHKDSK is the short of Check Disk, C: is the drive letter you want to check, /F means fix disk errors and /R stands for recover information from bad sectors and x for dismount the disk.
When it prompt “Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)”. Answer Yes to that question by pressing the Y key on your keyboard and press Enter. Restart your computer. After restarting, the disk checking operation should start. Wait until Windows check your disk for errors.
Fix Bad Virtual Memory Page Issue
You also may experience DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for the bad virtual memory page. So you need to fix it. To fix it, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Computer Properties. Just right click on Computer / This PC and select Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings.
- Open Advanced Tab.
- Then click on Change in the performance section.
- Then click on Advanced Tab.
- Now click on Change in the Virtual memory section.
- Now uncheck automatically manage paging file for all drivers.
Some Users report repair corrupted system files by running DISM command “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ” and sfc utility helps them to fix the issue. Also running Memory Diagnostic Tool does the same job for Some other users.
Perform System Restore
If applying All these solutions didn’t fix “Driver irql not less or equal” Blue screen error. Then Performing System restore is an ultimate solution. Which reverts back your system configuration to the previous working state where windows working smoothly.
Note: you can only perform System restore if you have previously turned on the System protection Feature. And didn’t delete old System restore points.
To perform System restore open control panel -> control panel items -> Recovery -> click on Open System Restore and Fallow on screen instructions to perform System restore on windows 10, 8.1 and 7. After perform System restore Check Windows Started normally and there is no more Driver irql not less or equal BSOD Error While playing games or working on heavy graphics programs.
To Avoid any BSOD error on a windows 10 computer, Always install trusted applications. Didn’t use Cracked, pirated software, Always perform ( mostly every week ) full system scan with the latest updated antivirus software. And make sure windows have installed the latest patch updates.
- Getting Windows ready stuck windows 10 update 2022
- Laptop freezes randomly after Install Windows 10 21H2 update
- Solved: Device Manager Error This device cannot start. (Code 10)
- Solved: Driver_power_state_failure Blue Screen Error on Windows 10
- Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Error – An Ultimate Guide 2022