If you are getting Error 0xc1900101 while Updating or install Windows 10 2022 update version 22H2. Here we have some solutions you may try to fix this Error 0xc1900101.
For a quick information Windows update Error 0xc1900101 are specific for driver issues. Means whenever you face error 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c, 0xC1900101 – 0x20004, 0xC1900101 – 0x20017, 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, 0xC1900101 – 0x30018, 0xC1900101 – 0x3000D, 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D etc Means a specific driver causing the problem.
Again some other reasons such as Security software, corrupted system files or update database, Any third-party applications also cause windows 10 version 1903 to fail with Error 0xc1900101.
Fix Error 0xc1900101 On windows 10
Here apply solutions below to fix Error 0xc1900101 When Updating Windows 10 version 22H2.
Remove External Devices
As discussed An error that begins with 0xC1900101 is usually a driver error. Let’s try resolving this by removing all external storage devices and drives, ( Remove all external devices except keyboard & mouse ) other hardware you might have plugged into your device that isn’t needed for basic functionality before updating.
Update incompatible device drivers
Also, check the Device Manager for errors.
- Select the Start button, then in the search box on the taskbar,
- Type device manager, Choose Device Manager from the results.
- In the window that pops up, look for any device with a yellow exclamation mark beside it (you may have to select each category to switch to the list of devices).
- Press and hold (or right-click) the device name and select either Update Driver Software or Uninstall to correct the errors.
- Now Restart windows and check for updates.
Or you can Visit device manufacturer website to download and install the latest driver. Especially update or reinstall the Display driver, Network adapter driver to latest version.
Remove Security Software
Again interference from antivirus software Also Cause this Error 0xc1900101. We recommend disabling antivirus programs before you attempt the Windows 10 update.
Remove additional languages
Also Remove any additional languages if you’ve added to Windows 10.
- Open Settings go to Time & Language.
- Select the Region & language tab, and select the language you want to remove.
- Click the Remove button under it.
- Repeat for all additional languages you have installed.
Update windows on Clean Boot
This is another effective solution, to find out and fix if any installed software is conflicting with others when you update, install or run it. To Clean boot windows 10,
- Type msconfig on start menu search and hit the enter key.
- Then Under the General tab select the option Selective startup.
- Next Go to the Services tab, From there, check Mark on Hide all Microsoft services.
- You will find it at the bottom of that window.
- Now, click on Disable all To Disable all third-party unnecessary services.
- Restart windows this will start windows into a clean boot state.
Windows update troubleshooter
Run Windows update troubleshooter and let it to detect and fix the problems prevent windows update installation.
- Open the settings app followed by Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Then select windows update and Run The Troubleshooter.
- This will attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates.
- After completing, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset your Windows Update Components
This is the ultimate solution (Reset windows update components) to fix almost every window update problem. However, make sure you have tried all of the solutions and steps above before trying this one as the ones above are much quicker.
Open the command prompt as administrator. Then stop the windows update related services (MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS, and Cryptographic) by performing command below.
- net stop msiserver
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop cryptSvc
Rename the Catroot2 and Software Distribution folders. You can do this more easily by copying the following commands in the Command Prompt:
- ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
Or you can manually open C:\Windows\ Here rename the SoftwareDistribution as SoftwareDistribution.old and Catroot2 as Catroot2.old.
After that restart the services (MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS, and Cryptographic ) Which you previously stopped, by perform command below.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
That’s all close command prompt, Restart windows and check for the latest updates from Settings -> update & security -> windows update.
I am sure this time your system successfully upgrade to windows 10 2022 update version 22H2 without any error or problem. Also, you can use the Official windows media creation tool to make the windows 10 2022 upgrade process more error-free and smoother.