Finally Today (13 November 2018) Microsoft Re-released Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, that bring a huge number of new features such as File Explorer dark mode, Cloud-powered clipboard, Screen Sketch screenshot tool, Storage sense with OneDrive cleanup, Your Phone app and improvements on edge browser, Notepad app, Desktop and Settings experience, Windows security, built-in apps and more. Along with this Microsoft also removing and deprecating functionalities that are obsolete, no longer useful, or are being replaced with new experiences. As Microsoft explained:
“Each release of Windows 10 adds new features and functionality; we also occasionally remove features and functionality, usually because we’ve added a better option,”
And with latest features update Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft removing Business Scanning because there are no devices that support this feature, and the Hologram app, which is being replaced by the Mixed Reality Viewer. Also moved information previously on the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) management console to the Device security page in the Windows Defender Security Center. And the company stopped developing old Snipping Tool which is getting replaced with It’s new tool for screenshots is called Snip & Sketch, Microsoft explained
“We’re no longer developing the Snipping Tool as a separate app but are instead consolidating its functionality into Snip & Sketch.”
Post Contents :-
- 1 Features removed in Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- 2 Features deprecated in Windows 10 aka 1809
- 3 Get Windows 10 October 2018 Update early now
Features removed in Windows 10 October 2018 Update
Here the complete list of features that removed from Windows 10 version 1809.
- Business Scanning, also called Distributed Scan Management (DSM): Microsoft is removing this secure scanning and scanner management capability.
- FontSmoothing setting in : This setting let you specify the font antialiasing strategy to use across the system. Microsoft changed Windows 10 to use ClearType by default, as such it’s no longer necessary.
- Hologram app: Windows 10 replaced the Hologram app with the Mixed Reality Viewer. If you would like to create 3D word art, you can still do that in Paint 3D and view your art in VR or Hololens with the Mixed Reality Viewer.
- Phone Companion: When you update to Windows 10, version 1809, the Phone Companion app will be removed from your PC. Use the Phone page in the Settings app to sync your mobile phone with your PC.
- : Microsoft releasing the tool, used to access TPM for Azure connectivity, as open source.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) management console: The information previously available in the TPM management console is now available on the Device security page in the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Future updates through Windows Embedded Developer Update: Microsoft is no longer publishing new updates to the WEDU server. Instead, you may secure any new updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Features deprecated in Windows 10 aka 1809
And these are the features on Windows 10 that Microsoft no longer developing.
- Disk Cleanup: Starting with the October 2018 Update, Windows 10 is retiring support of the Disk Cleanup legacy tool in favor of the Storage sense, which includes all the equivalent features and more.
- Companion device dynamic lock APIS: The companion device framework (CDF) APIs enable wearables and other devices to unlock a PC. Because third party partners didn’t adopt the CDF method, Microsoft is no longer developing CDF Dynamic Lock APIs.
- OneSync service: The OneSync service synchronizes data for the Mail, Calendar, and People apps. Microsoft added a sync engine to the Outlook app that provides the same synchronization.
- Snipping Tool: Microsoft is no longer developing the Snipping Tool as a separate app but are instead consolidating its functionality into Snip & Sketch.
“You can launch Snip & Sketch directly and start a snip from there, or just press WIN + Shift + S. Snip & Sketch can also be launched from the ‘Screen snip’ button in the Action Center,”
You can always check this Microsoft support site for more details on the features removed or planned to be replaced with this version of Windows 10.
Get Windows 10 October 2018 Update early now
From today onwards Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now available to download, The automatic rollout takes place in stages means that no every device will be updated at the same time. Compatible devices will get it first, and then after the update has been proven to be more stable, Microsoft will make it available to other devices.
If you don’t want to wait, you can get it by forcing Windows to update right now. Or you can use Official Media Creation Tool, Windows 10 update assistant or ISOs to download and install Windows 10 October 2018 Update now.
Via Windows Update
you can always use Windows Update to force the installation of version 1809, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- The update will be automatically downloaded.
- Once the update is downloaded, you will need to restart your device.
- You can choose to restart it instantly or schedule a later time.
Using Media Creation Tool
Also Microsoft released Media Creation Tool to help you download and install Windows 10 version 1809 updates manually.
- Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft support website.
- Double-click the file to start the process.
- Accept the license agreement
- And be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- Once the installer has set up, you will be asked to either Upgrade this PC now or Create installation media for another PC.
- Select Upgrade this PC now option.
- And follow on screen instructions
The Windows 10 Download and installation process could take a while, so please be patient. Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer. Just Follow the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished, the windows 10 version 1803 will be installed on your computer.
Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO
Also Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO files are available to download, you can download and create a bootable USB/Media to perform Clean installation or manual windows up gradation. Here Bellow I have shared Two Links ( For Windows 64bit and 32 bit ) To Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO Directly From Microsoft Server.
Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO 64-bit
- Filename: Win10_1809_English_x64.iso
- Download: Click here to download this ISO file Size: 4.7 GB
Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO 32-bit
- Filename: Win10_1809_English_x32.iso
- Download: Click here to download this ISO file Size: 3.4 GB
Check how to perform Windows 10 version 1809 clean installation.
Also Read What are the new features introduced on Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 from here!