Sometimes while trying to access a website/ webpage on your Google Chrome browser, you have instead gotten an error “Aw, Snap! Something went wrong” This is because the webpage you are trying to access crashes unexpectedly and refuses to load. There are several reasons, such as a Chrome incompatible plugin or extension or due to a hardware problem like a defected graphics card (VGA) or a defected memory (RAM) module cause this
“Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, reload or go to another page”
If you are also struggling from this annoying problem, here some effective solution to fix aw snap something went wrong while displaying this webpage on chrome.
Post Contents :-
How to Fix Aw, Snap! Error in Chrome Browser
First of all, you need to check your internet connection and make sure that your computer is connected to WiFi or a wired network. Then, you can reload the page and see if it fixes the error. However, if your internet connection is working fine and you still cannot access the site, then follow these simple steps on your PC to fix the error:
“Aw snap error” message can be caused by antivirus or firewall settings. So disable antivirus and firewall. Then access web page again and see what happens. You are likely to find disabling antivirus and firewall solving your problem, Then it is obvious that these are creating the problem. So check their configurations and settings.
Chrome stores cache and cookies that may prevent the page from loading. Open the web page in an Incognito window, if its loading properly then clear cache and cookies probably fix the problem for you.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More New Incognito window.
- In the Incognito window, try opening the page. If it opens, clear your cache and cookies, to fix the problem.
Clear your cache and cookies
- At the top right, click More More tools Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select All time.
- Select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data. Deselect the other types of data.
- Click Clear data.
- Try reloading the tab with the error.
Disable Chrome extensions
While you are browsing, your computer may run out of memory, especially if you are running Chrome on old hardware. The tabs that you open take space in your RAM, and in case of Chrome, each tab runs its own process. Also, extensions that run in background require memory.
- Close all other apps to give more memory for Chrome
- Pause or cancel file downloads if running
- Close other programs running on your computer
- Close all other tabs and then reload the page that shows “Aw, Snap!” message.
The installed extensions on your Chrome can also cause the memory issue. Disable the Chrome extensions, and check the problem solved or not.
- Open Chrome and click on the 3 dots located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now from the drop-down menu select More tools > Extensions.
- you will see a list of extensions you are using.
To disable the extension, toggle off the button next to that extension.
If disabling an extension resolves the “Aw, Snap” error then that extension is the culprit. Remove that extension by clicking on the bin icon next to that extension.
Update Chrome browser
Every update of Chrome comes with the latest security fixes. Therefore, it is advisable to always keep your browser updated. To update Chrome,
- Click on the 3 dots located at top-right corner of the screen and from the drop-down menu click on Help > About Google Chrome
- In case your browser is outdated it will be automatically updated to the latest.
- Once it is updated, relaunch the browser and check whether the Aw, Snap error is resolved or not.
Check for unwanted software
If you’re on Windows, use the Chrome Cleanup Tool to find and remove unwanted software. The tool will perform a complete scan and removes any software that it finds may cause problem for Chrome. Once you have removed the infections and malicious programs via Anti-Virus or Chrome Cleanup Tool, check whether the error is resolved or not.
Disable Hardware acceleration
- Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu image and choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down the “Settings” window until you find and click the “Show Advanced Settings” option.
- Scroll down the window again and uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
- Restart your Chrome browser and see if Aw snap error in chrome is fixed
Create New User Profile in Chrome
If all above methods fail to fix This Aw Snap something went wrong Error then creating a new user profile may fix this issue. Sometimes If user profiles get corrupted, and that too may cause this Aw, snap! error. So, you can try creating a new user profile then try opening the web page.
To create a new user profile in Chrome
Make sure Chrome is completely closed if not end its process from Task Manager.
1. Press Windows Key + R then type the following and hit Enter:
2. Now back up the Default folder to another location and then delete this folder.
3. This would delete all of your chrome user data, bookmarks, history, cookies and cache.
Now reset Chrome browser to default settings by following steps below.
- Open Google Chrome then click the three dots on the upper right corner and click on Settings.
- Now in the settings window scroll down and click on Advanced at the bottom.
- Again scroll down to bottom and click on Reset column.
- This would open a pop window again asking if you want to Reset, so click on Reset to continue.
- Now After that check the problem Aw Snap something went wrong is get solved.
Disable Sandbox Mode
Disable the sandbox mode can also fix most of the chrome error include Aw Snap something went wrong error. Try this option if nothing works because Chrome Sandbox Mode is not recommended to be disabled as it is what makes Chrome Browser secure.
- Go to the Desktop, right click on Chrome’s icon, and choose Properties.
- Now, and under Shortcut Tab, add -no-sandbox at the end of the Target
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Again open google chrome and check there is no more Aw Snap something went wrong while open the web browser.
Did these solutions help to fix “Aw snap something went wrong” while displaying this webpage google chrome? Let us know on comments below, also read: