Getting error code 0x800F081F or 0x800F0906 while try to install .NET Framework 3.5 on your Windows 10 and 8.1 PC ? Normally Windows 8.1 and 10 come with preinstalled net framework 4.5 and 4.6. But Applications Developed with .Net framework 3.5 are didn’t run on Windows 10 and 8.1 system until you install .net framework 3.5 on your system. But Some users report while enable or install .Net framework 3.5 the installation fails with error:
Windows Couldn’t Complete the requested Changes. Windows couldn’t connect to the internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you’re connected to the internet and click ‘Retry’ to try again. Error code: 0x800f081f or 0x800F0906.
Usually, this problem occurs when you try to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on a computer that is running Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Post Contents :-
Fix Error 0X800F081F in Windows 10
Normally, you can enable/install this framework from Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Feature On or Off. But, If the error code repeatedly bugs you, you will need to take steps to remove it. Here some applicable solutions for the error code you are encountering.
Check And install windows updates
When you encounter the error code 0x800F081F or 0x800F0906, you should first check for windows update and install all available updates.
- Open settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on Update & security than windows update
- Here hit the check for update button to download and install latest windows updates.
- Restart Windows to apply the updates, and again try to install .NET framework from programs and features.
- Hopefully, this will fix .NET framework installation error 0X800F081F.
- Tweak on Group Policy Editor
If you are Windows 10 pro user then you can Tweak or configure group policy to get rid of the error you are encountering while installing .NET framework. To do it, Open the start menu, type gpedit.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Group Policy editor.
Note: Skip this step if you are windows Home Basic User, Fallow next solution to get rid of this NET Framework 3.5 installation Error 0X800F081F.
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
Now, Find and double click on Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair. Then, Mark Enabled and click on OK. Restart windows to apply the policy and take effect the changes Now, Try to install .NET Framework 3.5. hope, You won’t face any problem again.
Enable .NET Framework Using DISM Command
If the above methods fail, you can try to enable NET framework 3.5 manually by using DISM command.
- To do this first Download microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab
- Next copy the Downloaded netfx3-onedemand-package.cab file to Windows installation Drive (C: Drive ).
- Then open Command Prompt As an administrator, type command bellow And press enter to execute the command.
Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:C:\ /LimitAccess
- /Online: targets the operating system you’re running (instead of an offline Windows image).
- /Enable-Feature /FeatureName :NetFx3 specifies that you want to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.
- /All: enables all parent features of the .NET Framework 3.5.
- /LimitAccess: prevents DISM from contacting Windows Update.
Wait until 100% complete the Command, After that, you will get a message The Operation Completed Successfully. Close Command prompt and Restart windows to get a Fresh Start. That’s all you have successfully installed .NET Framework 3.5 on your Windows 10, 8.1 PC.
Run System File Checker Utility
Sometimes corrupted, missing system files also cause different errors while installing or running applications, Include NET Framework 3.5 installation Error 0X800F081F. We recommend Run the System file checker Utility which scans for missing, system files.
If found any the SFC utility restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. And After Run, the System file checker utility Again tries to Enable .NET Framework Using DISM Command with source file option.
These are some most applicable solutions to fix NET Framework 3.5 installation Error 0X800F081F or 0x800F0906 on Windows 10. Still have any query, suggestion, or face any difficulty while apply these solutions feel free to discuss in comments below.
- Fix Windows 10 Frequently Disconnect Internet Connection
- Fix Windows 10 critical error start menu Cortana aren’t working
- Windows 10 stuck on repairing disk errors? Here how to fix
- [Fix] The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b
- DISM error 0x800f081f, source files could not be found on windows 10