Network and Internet connection disconnected, unable to access network shared files after windows 10 20H2 update? Or the network icon in the notification area shows a yellow exclamation mark and says “Unidentified network No network access”? An unidentified network means that the gateway is not on a computer for the current connection. And most of the time entering a valid gateway resolves the issue. Again sometimes incorrect network settings, outdated corrupted driver software for network adapter cause No internet access, limited connectivity issue on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
What causes Unidentified network no internet access?
Incorrect IP configuration or network configuration, outdated Network card drivers, Third-party software or VPN proxy configuration are some common reasons that may cause Unidentified network No internet access on windows 10.
Unidentified network Windows 10
If you’re seeing internet errors struggling to get online, you might see a message saying something like “Unidentified network, no internet access” or “Local connection only. No internet.” Here some effective solutions you may apply.
First of all restart Router, switch includes your Windows PC, this will fix the problem if any temporary glitch causing the problem.
Disables security software (antivirus) or VPN if configured.
Run Internet Troubleshooter
Windows have an inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter, that Automatically detects and fixes the problems prevent PC get online. Run the troubleshooter and let windows to fix the problem for you.
- On start, menu search and type troubleshoot setting and select it on the Top.
- When the Troubleshooting window opens, select Internet
- Click Run troubleshooter to allow windows to check the fix the problem.
- Also, look for the network adapter, Select and run the troubleshooter
- This will find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters
- Restart windows after complete the troubleshooting process.
- Now check there is no more problem with Network and internet connection.
Reset Network settings
Type cmd on start menu search, Right-click on command prompt and select run as administrator. When the command prompt window opens type the following commands one by one and press the enter key.
- netsh winsock reset (to reset the windows socket registry.
- netsh int ip reset (Reset the internal Ip address)
- ipconfig /release (release the current IP address)
- ipconfig /renew (request new IP address from DHCP server)
- ipconfig /flushdns (to flush the DNS cache)
Type exit to close the command prompt window and reboot your PC to take effect the changes. Once you completed the steps, you should be able to connect again to the internet.
Assign Ip Address Manually
As we discuss the main Reason Behind this unidentified network error is the IP address and gateway. We Recommend to Assign the IP address manually and check the problem solved.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and ok.
- This will open network connections window.
- Right click on active network adapter (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) Select properties.
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open the properties window.
- Select radio button Use the following IP address
- Now Assign IP Address and gateway address.
Note: Gateway address is your Router IP address. And Ip address should be on your Router IP address range. For example: If your Router IP address is 192.168.1.1 then type the IP address 192.168.1.xx. Click the tab key this will assign the subnet mask automatically. On gateway address type your router IP address.
Now select “Use the following DNS server address” change
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
Checkmark on “Validate settings upon exit” and ok.
Now check the problem solved, there is no more problem with Network and internet connection.
Try updating your Network Adapter Driver
Sometimes incompatible, corrupted drivers for network adapter cause the problem. As a result, NIC unable to get a valid IP address from the DHCP server and your Device gets disconnected from the network and internet. And this is most common If the problem started after the windows 10 20H2 update. Try to update the driver software for the Network adapter this will help to fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok to open the device manager.
- This will display all installed device driver list,
- Expand Network Adapters, Right-click network adapter, select uninstall.
- Now on the next start windows automatically install computable driver software for your device.
- If not open Device Manager, click Tools and select scan for hardware change.
- Or visit the device manufacturer website, download the latest driver software for the network adapter.
- Install the same and restart windows to take effect the changes.
Let us know this helps?
Here some other solutions you may try:
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and ok.
- Right-click the wireless adapter and select Properties.
- Move to the power management tab
- uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK.
Disable Fast startup
- Open Control panel and search for Power Options
- On the left, click on Choose what the power button does.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup. Shut down the system and reboot after 30 seconds.
Did These solutions help to fix unidentified network with no internet access problem on windows 10? Let us know on comments below, also read: