Sometimes while working or after installing updates, installing third-party software windows frequently restart with your pc ran into a problem windows 10 unable to start. When the “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you. . (0% complete)” blue screen error message appears on the screen, on windows 10, windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 systems. That means
- Physical hardware, installed driver, or third-party extension is causing this issue; and it is repairable by a crash or dump analysis.
- The second reason may be that you selected some settings that are not correct, or if the system has a lot of data in it and its resources are being overused. Additionally, if you’ve used third-party software that has modified native system files, may create an issue.
- Also if your memory in Windows 10 or Windows 8 device is running at a higher percentage than your operating system accepts then you will also get this error message.
When this your pc ran into a problem windows 10 error message appears on the screen, the computer is unresponsive to user commands and after the percentage measurement is completed, the system restarts automatically or freezes and the only way to close and restart Windows is by using the computer’s power button.
Alternatively, you could also see the following message on a light blue screen:
Your PC / Computer ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle and now it needs to restart. You can search for the error online.
When Windows encounters a condition that compromises safe system operation, the system halts. This condition is called a ‘Bug Check’. It is also commonly referred to as a system crash, a kernel error, a system fault, or a Stop error. When Windows encounters such a serious error that forces it to stop running and restarts the system.
Fix your pc ran into a problem with windows 10
Blue Screen Of Death is extremely varying and you can’t come up with just one solution that will generally fix the whole problem. follow bellow steps one after one. I am sure one of the steps will work for you.
Modify the Memory Dump setting
As mentioned earlier memory issues may cause to display of this error message “Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs To Restart, We are just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” and your PC always needs to restart. PC restarts to protect itself from serve issues like serious hardware failure and future crashes. Let’s solve this issue.
- First, try to modify the Memory Dump setting in System Properties:
- Press ” windows + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Now Type “control sysdm.cpl” and press Enter.
- Next, move to the Advanced tab and click on “Start-up and Recovery” Settings.
- Uncheck “Automatically Restart”
- In “Write Debugging Information” Select “Complete Memory Dump” from the drop-down menu.
And Click on Apply and OK It may say you all to restart.
- Restart your PC and You are done.
Uninstall Any Recently Installed Application
If the error started to appear, immediately after you installed an application or install a new driver, then there is a chance that this new program could be causing the error. for this, you have to uninstall the program, then evaluate your system.
First, ensure you have administrative rights to make changes or uninstall any application.
Let’s follow the steps to Do this. First, open Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsPrograms and Features. now select the recently installed Application and click uninstall.
Restart windows and check. if still your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart the Blue Screen problem in windows 10 follow the next step.
Check your computer’s stability in Safe mode
In some cases, the “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” error can be caused due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. To troubleshoot this issue start Windows 10 in Safe Mode and see if the error persists.
- To start Windows in safe mode Press Windows + “R” key
- when run dialog open Type “msconfig” and press Enter to open System Configuration settings.
- At the Boot tab select (Check) the Safe boot option and click OK. and Restart your computer.
- This will start your system in safe mode.
Recommended: Troubleshooting windows 10 in safe mode
Update/ reinstall old corrupt device drivers
If the “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” error doesn’t appear while in Safe Mode, then you probably have a problem with a device driver. In this case, you have to re-install some old corrupted device drivers on your system to find out which causes the problem.
Open Device Manager To do this Type devmgmt.msc on start and press Enter.
Now At device manager, expand Display Adapters, right-click and select properties on the installed Video adapter (e.g. AMD Radeon), and select update. Or completely uninstall the device driver and download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install. do the same with.
Display Adapter Driver
Wireless Adapter Driver
Ethernet Adapter Driver
Note: After removing a driver, perform a system restart and check if the error persists before proceeding to uninstall the next device driver. When you find which device’s driver causes the “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” problem, then proceed to download and re-install the latest driver version (for that device) from the manufacture’s website without uninstalling the rest device drivers from your system.
Scan And Repair Corrupt Windows System files.
The “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” error message may be due to a corrupted file system. To resolve this, use the sfc /scannow (System File Checker) command to repair Windows system files.
- Open an elevated command prompt (with Administrative privileges). To do that:
- Right-click at the screen’s bottom-left corner and from the pop-up menu, choose “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command & press Enter: sfc /scannow
This will scan your system for all its important system files, and replace them where necessary. Wait until Windows scans and repairs system files. When the System file check and repair is completed, restart your computer and check if your computer works smoothly.
Check Memory (RAM) corruption
If none of the methods help you, You can try to find out your memory problems. Because Corrupted RAM can cause this blue screen problem. To determine whether or not this is the case, you will first, need to test your RAM. This can be done, by running the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
To do This On Start Type Memory Diagnostic Tool and select it you will got Windows Memory diagnostic Tool Screen, Here Select Restart Now And Check for problems ( Recommended)
This Will Restart your windows and check for Memory Errors.
Wait until complete, When complete the process restart windows. If this PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue screen is related to a Memory problem you will not face any Error After restart.
If you still face your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart Blue Screen Error. It’s Time to Restore your system to a specific Restore point when your system running well. For this Read How to Perform System Restore to Fix PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue Screen Error on Windows 10.