iTunes doesn’t launch on your PC all of a sudden or it starts crashing after some time? Here are several fixes that can aid you to come out of this issue.
Most of us use the iTunes app to sync iPhone data with windows computers. In addition, iTunes is the most popular source of music for many. usually, the iTunes app is used to play, download and organize digital multimedia files such as music and video on computer. But sometimes you may notice, iTunes Not Opening on Windows 11 PC, Few users report, iTunes not working after windows 11 update. There are multiple reasons why iTunes not launching on your computer, bad iTunes installation to old or corrupted iTunes files are common. Here are a few potential fixes to apply if iTunes is not working on your windows 11 PC.
iTunes Not working on windows 11
If you have outdated version of app installed, it may cause iTunes Won’t Open on Windows 11. And you need to update iTunes with the latest version to fix the problem. Allow iTunes in Windows Firewall or repairing the iTunes app is very helpful when it won’t open or not respond on your PC.
Let’s first reboot your PC that not only refresh the operating system and restart all process but also clears temporary glitches that may prevent windows apps open on your computer.
If you multiple times try to open the iTunes app but it won’t open on windows 11
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
- Here Under the Processes tab, select iTunes, right-click on it select end task
- Now try to open the iTunes app on your PC.
In addition, try to open the iTunes app in safe mode which probably helps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift and open the iTunes app.
- On the iTunes is running in safe mode prompt, click Continue.
- And Check if it’s working as expected.
Update iTunes to the Latest Version
The next thing you need to make sure the latest version of the iTunes app is installed on your PC and the windows OS is up to date.
To update the iTunes app:
- Open the Microsoft store app on your PC,
- On the left pane, click the Library icon, then, click the Get Updates button.
- Windows will notify you if any update is available for the iTunes app.
- If an update is available, you can download and install the latest version of the iTunes app on your Windows.
Note: If you have the standalone version of the iTunes app installed, click on help then select check for updates.
To Update windows 11
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- If pending updates there, allow them to download and install on your computer,
- Once done reboot your PC to apply the changes.
Run the troubleshooter
Run the built-in troubleshooter that automatically scans for issues with windows apps and try to fix them.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Go to the system then troubleshoot and click on other troubleshooters,
- Here click Run next to the windows store apps and follow the on-screen instructions.
Repair iTunes app
If still, the iTunes app fails to open or not responding on windows 11, try to repair the app following the steps below.
- Press the Windows key + X and select Installed apps,
- Scroll down to iTunes, click three vertical dots next to the app and select modify option,
- On the next prompt, select Repair and click Next.
If you are a windows 10 user
- Right-click on the start menu select apps and features,
- Locate the iTunes app and select advanced options,
- Now, click the Repair button
If you have iTunes standalone installer Open Control Panel > Program and Features > Select iTunes. Right-click it to choose Repair.
Allow iTunes in Windows Firewall
If you have a stable internet connection but iTunes fails to connect internet, you need to Allow iTunes in Windows Firewall to fix the problem
- Press Windows key + R, type firewall.cpl and click OK.
- On the left sidebar, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings, then Scroll down and look for iTunes.MSI in the apps list. Then, enable the Private and Public checkboxes for it.
- Click ok to save changes, and restart iTunes, check if this helps.
If the above solutions didn’t fix the problem, still iTunes not working or not responding on windows 11? Let’s reinstall the app that way the app gets a fresh start and resolves any unknown issues there.
Press the Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl and click ok. The programs and features window opens, here uninstall the following programs.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32/64 bit
Now press the windows key and Browse C:\Program Files. Here delete the respective folders as listed above. (iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Software Update).
- Next press the Windows key + X and select the installed app,
- Scroll down and look if the iTunes app is listed there, if yes Click the three dots icon next to iTunes and select Uninstall
- Once you uninstall iTunes and all its associated services, install iTunes from the official Apple site.
Note – Make sure to authorize it with your Apple ID to avoid errors like “Your Computer isn’t authorized“.
In addition, run the system file checker utility that helps if corrupted system files prevent the iTunes app open in windows 11.
- Windows 11 not recognizing iPhone after update (Solved)
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer without iTunes
- uTorrent not working in Windows 11 [7 Quick solutions]
- SFC Scannow Not Working or stuck repair In Windows 11 (7 Solutions)
- Laptop sound not working (No Sound) after windows 11 update