Usually, this problem occurs when Windows 11 doesn’t recognize the camera has been connected or when the software you’re using doesn’t have the appropriate permissions to access the camera.
Webcam Not Working or Laptop camera not working after the windows 11 update? A few users report, My camera isn’t working in Microsoft Teams, similar problem occurs for users who getting ready to attend virtual meetings via zoom video call “We can’t find your camera“. Camera not working issues can occur both for built-in cameras and external ones. Internal (built-in) webcams are cameras that are built into your laptop, An external webcam requires an additional purchase and connects to your laptop with a USB cable. Laptop camera not working on windows 11 usually occur due to faulty drivers or it might be missing drivers after a recent update. Again security (Antivirus) software blocking camera access, privacy settings don’t allow camera access for some apps, or problems with the app you want to use. Whatever the reason, if Webcam not working on Windows 11 laptop Here’s how to fix it.
Camera Not Working on Windows 11
There are two possible reasons why Windows 11 Camera Isn’t Working either it’s a hardware problem or a software glitch outdated camera driver.
- If you are using an external webcam disconnect and connect it to a different USB port.
- Check the app (for example Microsoft teams, zoom etc) you are using have permission to access your webcam.
- In addition, visit the camera manufacturer’s website to check and confirm it’s compatible with Windows 11.
- The next thing you need to restart your computer which often fixes problems that don’t have a clear source.
Check your app permissions
It’s possible third party antivirus program installed on your laptop is blocking the camera, and it displays the error “We Can’t find your camera” when you try open the camera app on windows 11. Again windows 11 privacy settings don’t allow camera access for some apps. You need to check and enable camera access to fix the problem.
Let’s first disable the third-party antivirus app installed on your PC and check if the camera app opens without any problems. If yes you need to check antivirus settings and allow camera access on windows 11. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.
The next thing you need to check and Give camera access to apps
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Navigate Bluetooth & devices then expand the Camera section,
- Click on camera privacy settings
- Here make sure the to camera access and Let apps access your camera option is toggled on,
- In addition scroll down and locate the app having problem accessing the camera app, (for example Microsoft teams) and toggle on next to it.
- Once done, close the settings, and run the camera app again.
Run the built-in camera troubleshooter
Windows 11 comes with built-in troubleshooters to detect and fix common problems automatically. Let’s Run the built-in camera troubleshooter and let windows discover and resolve any issues or incorrect configuration settings.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings
- Click on the system then navigate Troubleshoot and click on other troubleshooters,
- This will display a list of troubleshooters, locate the camera troubleshooter and click Run next to it.
- Let the diagnosis process complete, and make sure to follow on-screen instructions carefully.
- Once done reboot your computer and open the camera app.
Repair and reset the Camera app
The troubleshooter fails to detect or fix the problem or still the laptop camera not working or Windows 11 is not detecting your webcam? Manually Repair the camera app clear and fix the problems if it didn’t help then you can reset the camera app default settings.
You cant uninstall and reinstall the camera app, but the reset option does the reinstall process.
- Press Windows key + X and select installed apps
- Locate the Camera app in the list, click on the three dots on the right select advanced options
- Now scroll down until you find the Reset section, first try the repair option, If it didn’t help then Go for the Reset option but make sure app data will be deleted.
- This will bring the camera app to the factory settings and will remove any corrupted cached data.
Update the camera driver
Device drivers enable communication between the operating system and device hardware. Windows 11 Camera Isn’t Working due to outdated camera driver or it might be missing drivers after a recent update. If the above solutions didn’t fix the camera not working problem, the next thing you need to check and update your camera driver to see if it fixes your problem.
- Press Windows key + X and select device manager,
- This will display a list of devices and peripherals connected to your PC
- locate and expand the Cameras section, right-click on camera driver select update driver
- Now select Search automatically for drivers, The system will scan for new drivers and if it finds a new one, it will install it.
- If you have the latest camera driver on your local computer click the second option and locate the driver manually.
- Once done, restart your device, and you are good to go
Reinstall your camera driver
Faulty camera driver or driver conflicts can lead to your camera not working in Windows 11. You can try uninstalling the webcam, and then reinstalling it that probably fix the problem on your computer.
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok to open the device manager
- Expand the Imaging devices or Cameras category.
- Now Right-click your camera and select Uninstall device, Click Uninstall again when the confirm popup prompts,
- Once the process is complete, restart your computer.
- On the next start, the system will automatically reinstall the missing camera driver for you.
- If not open the device manager again, click on Action then scan for hardware changes.
Also, you can visit the device manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest camera driver on windows 11. You can prefer a third-party driver updater software tool to make the driver update process automatic.
Check for Windows updates
Microsoft regularly drops windows updates with feature improvements and bug fixes.
If the camera app not working due to a bug installing the latest windows 11 update might fix the problem.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app
- Navigate windows update then hit the check for updates button,
- If pending updates there allow them to download and install on your computer
- Next click on Advanced options then navigate to optional updates
- Here expand the driver section, checkmark if driver updates are available and click on the download and install button,
- Once done reboot your computer to apply the changes.
Check your browser settings
Having problems Accessing the webcam on a web browser or using Microsoft Teams on the web? It is important to check your browser permissions and settings, and allow your camera to work in Teams.
- Open the web browser (applicable for both chrome and Microsoft edge) and Go to settings,
- Navigate Privacy and Security then Site Settings and locate View permissions and data stored across sites.
- From here, enter “teams.microsoft.com” in the Search field.
- Open the “Microsoft.com” group and scroll down to find “teams.microsoft.com“ and select it.
- Here, set the Camera and Microphone to Allow access to these devices.
Now check if the Laptop camera working on windows 11.
Did the above solutions help fix Laptop camera not working problem on windows 11? let us know in the comments below.
- Webcam is being used by another application windows 10 (5 solutions to apply)
- Solved: Windows 10 Webcam keeps freezing every few minutes
- SFC Scannow Not Working or stuck repair In Windows 11 (7 Solutions)
- 5 ways to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT Error On Windows 11
- Windows 11 Black Screen after update? 6 solutions to fix it
- How to fix windows 11 common problems (Step by Step Guide)