Microsoft Azure Security Technologies exam AZ-500 measures the ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: manage identity and access; implement platform protection; manage security operations; and secure data and applications.
Security has become a crucial component of any cloud service. Due to the growing organizational security concerns, including unauthorized data exposure and leaks, lax access controls, vulnerability to cyber attacks, and accessibility disruptions, they can affect both traditional IT systems and cloud systems. These have resulted in a rise in demand for Security Professionals with Azure certification. Microsoft provides Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies to close this gap.
In light of this, passing the Microsoft Azure AZ 500 exam is the most important step in your career aspirations as a Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate. Get ready to compile all the information before you begin the AZ-500 exam preparation process. In this essay, we will go into great detail and provide an exam study guide written by professionals.
Reasons to choose the Microsoft AZ-500 Exam
Microsoft is one of the most well-known companies that offer certification training in the cloud computing industry. The associate-level AZ-500 certification test is excellent for those just beginning their career in the technology industry. Aspirants with prior expertise in advanced security and working are best suited for this Microsoft Azure certification. Because cloud security is crucial for both company and individual users, the market for security professions has grown. Consequently, there is a growing need for Azure Security Engineer Associates with certification.
Microsoft Azure gives candidates role-based certifications created following employment roles and industry standards.
Microsoft AZ-500: Basic Evaluation
Since every online organization uses a cloud platform, the number of job profiles in cloud security is rising quickly. Thus, an effective security engineer needs to have the following skill set:
- Must be well-versed in handling identification and accessibility in Azure.
- Should be able to execute platform protection.
- Should be able to implement host and network monitoring.
- Must have the ability to build Azure firewalls and other security systems as needed.
- Should be able to manage resource locks and have a solid understanding of security principles such as Azure Policy and AKS security.
Information you need to know about the Exam
When preparing for the AZ-500 exam, exam specifics are extremely important. Therefore, let’s go over the specifics of the AZ-500 exam so that you won’t get misled.
- The Microsoft Azure AZ-500 exam’s structure is somewhat similar to that of Microsoft’s other Azure tests.
- The official Microsoft Azure website states that 40 to 60 questions will encompass all the areas and subtopics.
- The exam comprises both multiple-choice and multiple-select questions.
The certification fee is USD 165.
- Only English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese (Simplified) are used to administer the exam.
The Microsoft Azure AZ-500 exam measures several objectives and abilities necessary to become a Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate. As a result, if you decide to take the AZ-500 test, be sure you have a solid foundation in Azure technologies.
If not, passing the Azure AZ-900 (Azure Fundamentals) or AZ-103 (Azure Administrator) exams is advised first. It will ensure that you are familiar with Azure technology (even though it is not required). Therefore, before applying for the AZ-500 exam, be sure you have the necessary skills to pass the test on your first try.
AZ-500: Course Outline
Now that you have the fundamental exam information let’s go to the AZ-500 exam course outline. Microsoft has organized multiple courses to make it simpler for candidates to adjust and structure their preparation accordingly. The AZ-500 exam consists of four domains. These are:
- Domain 1: Manage Identity and Access (30-35%)
- Domain 2: Implement platform protection (15-20%)
- Domain 3: Manage Security Operations (25-30%)
- Domain 4: Secure Data and Applications (25-30%)
How to Plan for the Exam?
Obtaining Azure certification for your expertise and abilities can give you more self-assurance and enormous credibility. However, where can you get a reliable source? So, to aid your research below is a list of reliable resources.
Microsoft Learning would be a wise start for receiving the most accurate information regarding the exam. You can easily find the AZ-500 page and read through all the important details concerning the AZ-500 exam there.
You may quickly comprehend the basics of Microsoft Azure by reviewing the Microsoft documentation. It will ensure that you are operating according to the clock and understanding a lot of new Azure technologies that professionals are presenting to you.
Reading books is a great method of learning new things. So, we advise finding books for the AZ-500 exam from reliable sources.
You can join a study group any time while preparing for the exam. Group study ensures that you are in touch with everyone pursuing a similar path as you. Group study features a large number of people that can assist you with any questions you have about the AZ-500 exam.
According to experts, Azure certification programs like the Microsoft Azure AZ-500 are more than just tests. The AZ-500 certification will increase your confidence while also introducing you to well-known figures in the IT industry. Additionally, this has been ranked as one of the best cloud security certification programs available.
- Complete Laptop Buying Guide – Specifications of a Good Laptop
- Laptop Buying Tips for Students: Windows or Chromebook?
- Introduction of Password Manager App and its benefits
- What is VPN and How the technology behind it works (Explained)
- 5 Best Cybersecurity Tips to Protect Your Windows PC From hackers