Microsoft Outlook one of the best and most convenient emailing software that provides several amazing features to its users. But sometimes users encounter an error while accessing Outlook on their Windows PC or laptops. The error 0x8004010f while you try to send or receive an email in outlook 2016. Few other reports Outlook shows the error “Data file cannot be accessed” while sending/ receiving email.
The primary reasons behind this error are Outlook profile corruption, PST corruption, PST file corruption, relocation of the PST file, and more. Well, if you face the same error in using Outlook on your Windows PC then you have come to the right place. Here are some of the best and easy methods by which you can fix this issue you are facing in using Outlook.
Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed
Turn off the antivirus utilities, and disconnect from VPN if configured.
Setting up the new Outlook profile
Outlook error 0x8004010f usually occurs because of corrupted Outlook user profiles, and You can fix it by setting up new Outlook profiles based on default data files. Let’s first identify the current location of your default Outlook data file and then create a new Outlook profile.
locate the default Outlook data file.
- Open control panel,
- Choose View by Small icons. Click Mail then click on the Show Profiles button.
- Select your current Outlook profile
- Then click the Properties button next Click Data Files.
- Now switch to the Data Files tab, note down the name and location of the default Outlook profile and click the Close button.
Create a new Outlook profile.
- Open the Mail Setup window by using the Control Panel again.
- Click Show Profiles, select your current Outlook profile and then click the Add button to open a New Account window.
- Type a name for the new profile and click OK.
- Type your email information and user credentials in the Add Account window then click Next then Finish The account is created.
- Also, you can use Use the manual setup button to create an Outlook profile following
- Click the Manual setup or additional server types radio button click next,
- Choose Service, select POP or IMAP to connect to a POP or IMAP account, and click Next,
- In POP and IMAP Account Settings, input your account details.
- Under Deliver messages to, select Existing Outlook Data File. Click Browse and, select the Outlook data file of the previous account and click OK. Then click Next.
And finally, Set the New Outlook Profile as the Default
- To do this again Open Mail with the Control Panel again.
- Click Show Profiles, choose Always use this profile and then choose the new profile from the drop-down menu Click OK to exit Mail.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes Windows Defender Firewall blocks websites and there are chances it is blocking Outlook and you are facing this issue on your PC. If it’s the scenario, you must disable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Type firewall in the search box, and select to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off on the left side of the Control Panel window.
- Click both Turns off Windows Defender Firewall under Private network settings and Public network settings to disable Windows Defender Firewall.
Now check if there is no more error while trying to send or receive an email in outlook.
- Hyperlinks are Not Working In Outlook? Try these solutions
- Fix Outlook Search Not Working ( Microsoft office 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007)
- MS Outlook not responding, Freezes frequently? Here how to Fix Outlook problems!
- Top 10 Tweaks to make windows 10 run faster on old computer
- Fix a Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Error 0xc0000034
- Solved: Antimalware service executable high disk usage windows 10