Microsoft Teams app is crashing or keeps restarting on your PC, here is how to troubleshoot and fix the problem in your Windows 11 computer.
Microsoft Teams app on windows 11 PC is one of the popular business collaboration software that combines video conferencing with team chat and other productivity features. The app allows real-time collaboration and communication, conducting and attending meetings, file and app sharing, and even the occasional emojis in one place.
But sometimes you may experience, Microsoft Teams just not opening or repeatedly crashes. Users report Microsoft teams crashing on startup or the app not working after Windows 11 update.
Like any other windows apps, there are several possible reasons why Microsoft Teams Not Loading on Windows 11. An unstable internet connection to app file corruption or GPU drivers could be causing problem. Again hard drive failures, software conflicts, and other such events are common. Whatever the reason here is how to troubleshoot if Windows 11 Teams is not working after an update, not opening on startup, or if Microsoft Teams is not connecting.
- 1 Microsoft Teams Notworking windows 11
Microsoft Teams Notworking windows 11
- Microsoft Teams is not working because of slow internet you need to check it.
- Again you should consider running Microsoft Teams with administrative privileges.
- If Microsoft Teams not loading or open you need to kill the task on task manager and try to open the app again.
- Most of the time repairing or reinstalling the app will get it working.
- Again the problem with the graphics driver also causes fail to load windows 11 Teams app and you need to update or reinstall the Graphics driver to fix the problem.
If you are first time experience this problem, a simple reboot can fix the problem by clearing conflicting apps or other processes.
End the Microsoft Teams Process
If Microsoft teams not opening on your computer, the first thing you need to try is, end the Teams process in Task Manager and relaunch it.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select taskmanager or you can press Ctrl + shift + Esc key simultaneously to open Taskmanager on your PC,
- Here under the process section, look for any tasks associated with Microsoft Teams. Select the process and click End task.
- Now close Task Manager and launch the Microsoft Teams app, Check if the app opens without any problems.
In addition, the corrupt or damaged cache can render your app non-responsive.
- Press the Windows key + R, type %appdata%Microsof\tTeams and click ok,
- Here Delete all the contents from the following folders: blob_storage, Cache, databases, GPUCache, LocalStorage, and tmp
- This will clear Microsoft Teams’ Local Cache and probably fix the problem.
Update the Microsoft Teams app
Microsoft regularly updates the Teams app which includes bug fixes and performance improvements. And if you have an older version of app on your PC it may fail to load or crash repeatedly.
To update Microsoft Teams:
- Launch the Microsoft Teams app.
- Click the three dots (Settings and more) in the top right corner and select check for updates
- Microsoft Teams will check for pending updates and install them if available.
Update windows 11
In addition, check for and install the latest windows updates that also include security improvements and bug fixes for different problems.
- Press Windows key + I and select settings,
- Click on windows update, then hit the check for updates button,
- If pending updates there, allow them to download and install on your PC,
- Once done reboot your PC to apply the changes.
Try to Repair or Reset the Microsoft Teams app
The repair feature tries to repair the installation and thus fixes any problems triggered due to file corruption on Microsoft Teams app.
To repair Microsoft Teams app:
- Press Windows key + X and select Installed apps,
- Locate the Microsoft Teams app, click the ellipsis menu and select Advanced options,
- Scroll down to the Reset section and click on Repair.
- Windows will start repairing the app and show a checkmark after the repair is complete.
If the repair option didn’t fix the problem, try the reset option that restores the app to its default, and delete all data including the app cache and any saved login credentials.
Run the Store Apps Troubleshooter
Still, Microsoft Teams not loading run the store apps troubleshooter that’s built into windows 11 and fixes common windows app problems automatically.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Navigate system then troubleshoot and click on the Other troubleshooters option
- Scroll down the list and click the Run button next to Windows Store Apps.
- Follow the on-screen wizard as the troubleshooter runs a diagnostic scan to detect and fix issues automatically
Uninstall and reinstall Teams
Also, you can reinstall the Microsoft Teams app to fix the crashing problems.
- Press Windows key + X and select installed apps,
- Locate the Microsoft Teams app and click the three-dots menu next to the app name
- Then, click Uninstall to confirm the action and uninstall the app.
Next, open the Microsoft store and search for the Teams app then install the app on your computer.
Update the Display Adapter Driver
Outdated or Incompatible graphics drivers are another reason why Microsoft Teams crashes or not working. If the above solutions didn’t fix the problem still Microsoft teams not working on windows 11 you should try update the display driver to fix the problem.
- Press Windows key + X and select device manager,
- This will display devices and peripherals connected to your computer,
- Locate and expand the Display adapters section,
- Right-click on Graphics device and select Update Drive
- Select Search automatically for drivers. Windows will now look for the newer version of the drivers and install them automatically.
Also, you can visit the device manufacturer to download the latest driver update or prefer to third-party driver updater tool to make the process automatic.
Run the System File Checker Tool
Run the System File Checker tool that scans for file corruption and restores the corrupted system files with the correct ones. This is helpful if system related issues prevent the Teams app from opening.
- Press Windows key + X and search for cmd, right-click on the command prompt select run as administrator,
- Type sfc /scannow and press enter key to execute the command,
- This will start scanning for corrupted system files on your computer and try to repair or replace them,
- Depending on your disk drive size, the process will take a while to complete.
- Once the scanning completes, Restart your PC and launch the Microsoft Teams app to see if it works normally.
Note – You can also apply the above solutions to fix error codes in the Microsoft teams app like 0xCAA20003, 0xCAA82EE2, 0xCAA82EE7, 0xCAA20004 or 0xCAA90018.
- Windows 11 Photos App not opening or Not working? Try these solutions
- Google chrome not working in windows 11? Try these 7 Solutions
- Windows 11 File Explorer Not Working? Apply these 7 solutions
- Microsoft Edge Crashes or Not Working after Windows update !!!
- Laptop won’t turn on after update? Here’s How To Fix It