Minecraft won’t Launch on Windows 10 or Minecraft not responding while trying to open or play the game? Several users report on Microsoft forum post, can’t play Minecraft when it doesn’t launch as expected. Outdated graphics card drivers, third-party antivirus applications conflicting or your system not meet the minimum system requirement for the game (Minecraft) you are playing are some most common reason Why Minecraft Won’t Launch On Windows 10? Here in this post, we discuss some of the best working solutions help fix Minecraft game not loading or opening problem on windows 10.
Minecraft not launching Windows 10
Before apply any solutions, first, disable or temporarily uninstall third-party antivirus to make sure security software conflict not causing the issue.
- Start Minecraft launcher. Now, click on Options.
- Click on Force Update here. It will look for the latest update and update the game.
- After the game gets updated, restart your pc and play the game and see what happens.
Install Windows updates
Disconnect from VPN if configured and most importantly make sure your windows 10 system has the latest updates installed. With regular windows updates, Microsoft release bug fixes for the various problem. May the latest update has a bug fix for the Minecraft game issue. You can manually install windows update following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Go to Update & security then hit check for updates button,
- Once done you need to restart your computer to apply updates.
Check Minecraft system requirements
If you have old system or didn’t meet the system requirement for the Minecraft game you may experience, Minecraft won’t launch or loading on windows 10. That’s why before go ahead check the Minimum system requirements for Minecraft.
Note: you can check your system information using dxdiag command.
|Operating System||Windows 7 and up|
|CPU||Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent|
|GPU||Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series | NVIDIA GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series|
|HDD||180 MB to 1 GB available space|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
But the recommended system requirements for play Minecraft game on your system. We recommend Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i5 | AMD A10 7800 or equivalent processor, dedicated graphics card NVIDIA or AMD, 8 GB of RAM and the system has SSD drive installed.
End Minecraft process
If Minecraft not launching after pressing the play button, kill the Minecraft process and re-launch the Minecraft game following the steps below.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Under processes tab locate Minecraft, right-click on it select end task,
- Close the task manager and try to launch Minecraft again to check it’s working properly or not.
Run Minecraft as administrator
Again privilege issues might prevent or causing Minecraft not launching or responding. Let’s try to run Minecraft as an administrator to see if this fixes your issue.
- Locate the Minecraft shortcut icon on your desktop screen
- Right-click on Minecraft shortcut select run as administrator,
- Launch Minecraft and check to see if it’s working properly.
In addition, launching Minecraft in Compatibility mode probably help fix the issue. where Compatibility mode allows games to use settings from an earlier version of Windows which can help you solve the Minecraft won’t launch issue.
- Right-click on Minecraft game shortcut select properties,
- Go to the Compatibility tab check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose the operating system on the drop-down menu.
Update graphics driver
Another common reason for Minecraft won’t launch on Windows 10 is outdated or corrupted graphics card driver. Reinstall the graphics card driver with the latest version probably a good working solution help fix the problem for you.
- Press Windows key + X select device manager,
- This will display all installed device driver list on your computer, locate and expand display adapters,
- Right-click on installed graphics driver (for example NVIDIA) select uninstall driver,
- click uninstall again when ask for confirmation and reboot your computer.
Now visit device manufacturers such as NVIDIA’s official site here, download and install the latest graphics driver from there. Restart your system, and play the game to see if this method worked for you or not.
Sometimes Minecraft mode, change the game’s behavior and may cause unknown problem Minecraft stuck on the loading screen or not launching. Remove all mods you’ve installed and check if Minecraft open and work without any problems.
In addition, if you have Discord installed on your PC, there are chances it might creating conflicts with the game. Temporarily uninstall Discord from your computer and check whether the problem resolved or not.
Also, check https://minecraftirc.net/support-articles/known-incompatible-software/ and remove if any incompatible software installed on your PC.
Reinstall the Minecraft
- If all the above solutions fail to fix the problem, still Minecraft won’t launch or not working on windows 10 then reinstalling Minecraft is a good idea.
- Open Control Panel–> Programs and Features. Look for Minecraft here. Right-click it and click Uninstall.
- Now press Windows key + R, type %appdata% and ok, locate the Minecraft folder and delete it then reboot your computer.
- And finally, download and install the latest version of Minecraft from the official site.
- Solved: Computer restarts randomly while playing games windows 10
- Solved: Windows 10 Webcam keeps freezing every few minutes
- 3 Different ways to disable proxy settings in windows 10
- Printer error Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) [solved]
- Windows 10 Apps Won’t Open (or close immediately) after windows update [Solved]