Minecraft launcher not responding or stuck on Mojang screen and prevents starting the game on Windows 10? Or sometimes you might encounter Minecraft white screen when launching it. You are not alone several users report, Minecraft keeps not responding forever or Minecraft black screen on startup, after launch, crash. This issue is mainly caused because of outdated device drivers, antivirus or firewall blocking the game. After analyzing a number of posts on forums here this post we have summarized some of the effective fixes that probably help fix the problem.
Why is Minecraft not responding?
There is no exact reason as to why this error occurs it could be antivirus or firewall blocking the game or an outdated display driver prevent loading the game. apply solutions below probably help fix the issue for you.
Close Runtimebroker.exe in Task Manager
A lot of Minecraft users report, that they are able to fix Minecraft Windows 10 white screen just simply by closing the runtimebroker.exe process in Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager window.
- Scroll down and locate the Runtime Broker process, right-click on it and select end task
- Now navigate to the details tab then right-click on RuntimeBroker.exe and select End task.
- Now restart your computer and check if Minecraft black screen issue still persists or if Minecraft not responding on Windows 10.
Disable Your Antivirus Software
Another common reason would be the security software (third-party antivirus). If Minecraft files and folders are considered as a threat by your antivirus, then it will not allow the game to load. And as a result you might experience Minecraft not responding or being stuck on Mojang screen on windows 10.
Let’s temporarily disable or the third-party antivirus installed on your computer and check if Minecraft loads without any problem.
If the issue is resolved then turn on the antivirus and add the Minecraft folder in the exception list to ensure it is not scanned or blocked by your antivirus.
Update Your Device Driver
Graphic drivers play an important role in gaming. And an outdated or corrupted display driver probably causes a black screen while play any game include Minecraft on windows 10. To avoid similar problem we recommend update your device driver with the latest version.
Installing the latest windows update includes the driver update for your device or you can individually update a specific driver from the device manager.
Let’s see how to update the device driver using windows update
- Press Windows key + I to open settings then go to update and security,
- Hit the check for updates button to download the latest windows updates from the Microsoft server.
- In addition click on view optional updates then expand driver update, select available driver updates and click on download and install.
Update device driver using device manager:
- Press Windows key + X then select device manager, this will display all installed device driver list,
- Now locate the driver you are looking for update for example display driver,
- Expand the display driver, right-click on the installed graphic driver select update driver, and follow on-screen instructions.
- In addition, you can uninstall the graphic driver and then download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes and check if this help fix Minecraft black screen problem on windows 10.
Allow Minecraft Through Windows Firewall
Sometimes, Minecraft crashes or not respond because Windows Defender Firewall blocks this game from accessing its server. In order to run Minecraft smoothly, make sure that this program is added to the exception lists. Here’s how:
Press Windows key + R, type control firewall.cpl and hit the enter key,
Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left pane.
Select the checkbox for Minecraft.exe launcher from the list of installed programs, and then tick the checkbox for both Private and Public.
Click OK to save the changes. Now, restart your computer and check if Minecraft loading or working smoothly on windows 10.
Still, the problem occurs, Minecraft not loading or crashes on windows 10? Then uninstall Minecraft and install the latest version probably fix the problem on your device.
- Press the Windows key + x select apps and features
- Scroll down to locate Minecraft under Apps and features select Minecraft then click on uninstall.
- Click yes if prompt for permission, and follow on-screen instructions to completely remove the game from your device.
- Now press Windows key + R, type %appdata% and ok, locate the Minecraft folder and delete it. Restart your computer.
- Now Download the latest Minecraft version from its official website and install it on your computer.
did these solutions help fix Minecraft black screen or Minecraft not responding on Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below