MS Outlook not responding, Freezes frequently? Here 7 Working solutions to Fix Outlook problems!
Microsoft Outlook the most used Email client program, you may also use MS Outlook for composing, send, receive and manage one or more email accounts. But sometimes users report Outlook not responding, stuck at “Processing,” freezes, or hangs while opening a file or sending an email message. Some other users report
Post Contents :-
- 1 Microsoft Outlook has stopped working
- 2 Fix MS Outlook not responding/Stopped working
- 3 Remove the add-ins
Microsoft Outlook has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
There are a number of possible reasons for Outlook to behave this way Such as you don’t have installed latest Windows/Office Updates on your PC, Outlook is in use by another process.
Also, the program starts freezing, not responding if its loading external content such as images in an email message, previously installed add-in is interfering with Outlook.
Your mailboxes are too large, Due to some reason Outlook data files have become corrupted or damaged, Your user profile has become corrupted and more.
Fix MS Outlook not responding/Stopped working
If you are experiencing Outlook not responding while send receive emails, Suddenly outlook closes with an error message “Microsoft Outlook has stopped working” Here some working solutions you may apply that works all Microsoft editions MS office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 running Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 Computers.
Start Outlook 2016/2010 etc in Safe Mode
Whenever you notice Outlook not responding, Freezes while open, send /receive emails. The First step you have to do is “start outlook in safe mode”.
Outlook safe mode starts without extensions or custom toolbar settings and will disable Reading Pane because those areas of the program mentioned above that are disabled in this “mode” tend to be common sources of problems. Once Outlook starts, you can then investigate those parts of the program to see what’s preventing it from opening normally. (Via lifewire)
- To Start Outlook in safe mode:
For Windows 10 users: Click “Start” > “Search” > Type: Outlook.exe /safe and hit Enter;
For Windows 8 users: Open “Apps” menu > Select “Run” > Type: Outlook /safe and then click OK;
For Windows 7 users: Choose “Start” > Type: Outlook /safe in the Search programs and files box and then hit Enter.
- Close Outlook and then open it normally.
After this, you shall be able to use Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 again.
Note: If you get the error “Cannot open the Outlook window” while trying to start Outlook, the error usually indicates that your Folder Pane or Navigation Pane settings hold a corruption. That cause press Windows + R, type outlook.exe /resetnavpane and ok check outlook started normally.
Remove the add-ins
If Outlook working properly on safe mode but, But when you exit safe mode and start outlook normally its started freezing or not responding Then Disable the outlook add-ins which may be causing outlook stop working or not responding.
To Disable Outlook Add-ins
- Use the Windows logo key + R shortcut to open Run.
- Type Outlook.exe /safe into the Run bar and press Enter.
- Here on Outlook click File menu and select options.
If you are using Outlook 2007 then open Tools-> Trust Center…-> section Add-Ins
- Click Add-Ins and choose COM Add-ins. Click on Go.
- Clear all the check boxes in the list, and then click OK.
- Now restart Outlook, And check its working normally.
- Enable your add-ins one at a time to identify the culprit.
Stop Loading External Content
Sometimes Outlook became unresponsive due to external images, resource-heavy content, and more. Stop Outlook from loading external content, by following steps below and check this may helpful for you.
- Open Outlook and go to File.
- Proceed to Options and navigate to Trust Center.
- Move to Automatic Download and enable the following options:
- “Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail message or RSS items”
- “Warn me before downloading content when editing, forwarding, or replying e-mail”
Install the latest Windows and Outlook updates
This is another effective solution, Installing and Updating outlook number of problems.
help number of users to fix their problem
If Windows or Outlook is outdated, it may affect you using and sending emails. So you can install the latest Windows and Outlook updates to fix the not responding issue:
First install Windows update from:
- Type: update in the Search box and click “Check for updates” or “Windows update” to open Windows Update.
- To update Microsoft Office (Outlook)
- Run Outlook and go to File. Then move to Office Account.
- Navigate to Product Information. Select Update Options.
- Click on Enable Updates. Choose Update now.
- Wait for the process to finish. The “You’re up to date!” window will appear.
- Now the app is supposed to work well.
Repair Microsoft Office suite
Temporarily Disable Security software (Antivirus) If installed. And repair the Ms office suite might be corrupt that causing issue while opening Word, excel or outlook.
To repair the office suite, first, save and close your office documents.
- Open Control panel, and locate Programs and features section.
- Look for installed office application (Microsoft office 2016/2013/2010/2007)
- Right-click on it and select the Change option.
- Select Repair and click Continue.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then restart your PC.
- Check office programs (word, excel) include outlook start normally
Repair your Outlook data files (.pst file)
Still, the problem not resolved, Outlook Freezes again and again at startup, there is Chance some error on outlook data file (.pst). Let’s use the SCANPST.EXE to check and repair outlook data files.
Note: before go ahead we strongly recommend to Backup the outlook data file (.pst) to another location.
- Close your Outlook app.
- Navigate to the location C:\Program Files (or C:\Program Files (x86))\Microsoft Office\Office16.
- Open Office16 for Outlook 2016
- Open Office15 for Outlook 2013
- Open Office14 for Outlook 2010
- Open Office12 for Outlook 2007
- Here Locate SCANPST.EXE, and double click on to run the tool.
- Click Browse and locate the outlook.pst file You can find it here: File -> Account Settings -> Data Files.
- Click Start. Wait for the scan to finish.
- Click Repair if there are any errors found.
- Close Outlook, And restart windows. Check everything working properly.
Create New Outlook user Profile
If everything fails to fix the issue, Out still not responding, crashes or stopped working at startup There is chance the current user profile causing the problem. And Creating new profile may help you in getting rid of Outlook not responding problem
To create a new profile in Outlook,
- open Control panel, Programs
- Then select User accounts
- Choose Mail. Mail items will open.
- Select Show Profiles.
- Locate your corrupt Outlook profile and click on Remove.
- Then click Add to create a new profile.
- Type a name for it into the Profile Name dialog box.
- Specify the profile details and click on Next to proceed.
- Enter your email address and password for the new profile, then follow on-screen instructions.
- And after configure new user profile outlook should work normally without freezing.
Did these solutions help to fix Microsoft Outlook has stopped working? let us know on comments below Also read Solved: Windows 10 October 2018 update stuck at getting ready Screen!