Recently Microsoft has released a new set of non-security updates KB4550945, KB4550969, KB4550944 for Windows 10. Latest KB4550945 has several fixes and improvements for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903 that’s bumps OS build 18362.815 and 18363.815 respectively. Also, KB4550969 (OS Build 17763.1192) available for older devices running Windows 10 version 1809 and KB4550944 (OS build 17134.1456) for version 1803.
Note: Microsoft reserved the first week of each month is for Office updates, the second week (B) is for Patch Tuesday releases. C and D weeks, which are the third and fourth weeks of the month, are reserved for optional updates. And these optional updates include non-security fixes and improvements only.
Windows 10 KB4550945, what’s new?
- According to the company installing KB4550945 fixes problem that causes Windows Update to stop responding when checking for updates.
- Also with KB4550945 Microsoft has updated and fix several issues with printing, and gaming problems, well as an issue that prevents certain apps from opening after an upgrade.
- Microsoft says it has resolved another bug that turns off notifications for devices with VPN or cellular network with prior warning.
- The latest update deployed a fix for an issue that broke print feature for documents that is outside of the margins
- Updates an issue that causes a text box that contains multiple lines of text to stop responding in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue that generates unexpected notifications when you change the default application settings.
Also check Microsoft official KB4550945 release notes for more details.
Download Windows 10 KB4550945
Today’s update is optional, meaning that if you check for updates in Windows Update, you’ll be given the option to download and install it. If you don’t take it, it won’t automatically install it. Instead, the fixes will be bundled into next month’s Patch Tuesday update, which will install automatically.
If you want to download and install Windows 10 Build 18363.815
- Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Click Update & security than Windows update,
- Here you need to check for updates manually and then click on the ‘Download and install now’ link under optional updates.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 10 Update offline download
If you’re running version 1909, use these links:
If you are looking for Windows 10 1909 ISO image click here.
How to Uninstall this Update?
So far, Microsoft has received no complaints regarding this update. But few of users reported different blue screen error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICEHowever etc. if you wish to uninstall the update, here are the steps:
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows key + i) –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View Update History.
- Now click on Uninstall updates. Once you do that, a new window will open with a list of your updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows that you wish to uninstall, right-click on it, and press the Uninstall button.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: Cannot install apps from Microsoft store Windows 10
- Solved: Modern Setup Host high CPU usage in Windows 10
- Optimize Windows 10 for better performance (Ultimate Guide)
- Screen goes black when playing games on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- The Ultimate Windows 10 Security Guide to Secure your PC