Recently Microsoft has released a new set of non-security updates KB4580386, KB4580390 for older Windows 10 version 1909, 1903 and 1809. KB4580386 has several fixes and improvements for Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903 that’s bumps OS build 18362.1171 and 18363.1171 respectively. Also, KB4580390 (OS Build 17763.1554) available for older devices running Windows 10 version 1809. Both updates includes fixes that will be delivered to version 2004 and 20H2 later this month.
Note: Microsoft reserved the first week of each month is for Office updates, the second week (B) is for Patch Tuesday releases. C and D weeks, which are the third and fourth weeks of the month, are reserved for optional updates. And these optional updates include non-security fixes and improvements only.
Windows 10 KB4580386, what’s new?
With Windows 10 KB4580386 Microsoft team testing a new feature called “Meet Now” that allows you to make video calls directly from the taskbar.
Earlier this year we introduced Meet Now in Skype. Meet Now makes it easy to connect with anyone in as little as two clicks for free and each call can last up to 24 hours. Today, we’re excited to share that we will be extending this capability in Windows 10 by bringing Meet Now right to the taskbar. In the coming weeks,you will be able to easily set up a video call and reach friends and family in an instant by clicking the Meet Now icon in the taskbar notification area. No sign ups or downloads needed.
Latest KB4580386 adds a new Microsoft Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) provider named “Microsoft-Antimalware-UacScan”. This ETW provider reports the details of the context for each User Account Control (UAC) request in the ETW provider manifest.
Adds functionality that shows a preview of the features and capabilities included in an update when a new update is offered to your device. On the Windows Update page (Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update), there’s an option to “See what’s in this update.”
Adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and 1.2 protocols when connecting to SQL Server using the data providers in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- Windows 10 KB4580386 also fixes an issue that prevented users from playing games that they obtained using Xbox Game Pass users.
- Another bug has been fixed where the USB printer port stops working after a system reboot.
- Fix an issue that displays a black screen to Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) users when they attempt to sign in.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) to stop responding for new connections.
- Address an issue causing Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session that displays nothing on the screen for five minutes or more
- Fix an issue with Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) that causes a memory leak when multiple clients connect to the same server.
- Previously an issue that causes the application to stop responding temporarily now fixed.
- Addresses an issue that might cause DDE apps to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when you first sign in to an account or unlock an existing user session using Remote Desktop Services (RDS).
- This update also fixes an issue with the CleanupProfiles Group Policy object (GPO)
- Addresses an issue that displays the incorrect CPU frequency for certain processors.
- Addresses a performance issue that occurs when PowerShell reads the registry to check if the ScriptBlockLogging registry key is in the registry.
- Addresses an issue that randomly changes the time offset of the time format returned by the command WMIC.exe OS Get localdatetime/ value.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) from assigning the Microsoft Outlook Signatures.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Hybrid Azure Active Directory joined devices from updating portal information when a device name or Windows version changes.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows to stop working and generates error 0x17.
- Addresses an issue that causes the RRAS administrator Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to stop responding randomly when you are performing administrative tasks or at startup.
Also check Microsoft official KB4580386 release notes for more details.
Download Windows 10 KB4580386
Today’s update is optional, meaning that if you check for updates in Windows Update, you’ll be given the option to download and install it. If you don’t take it, it won’t automatically install it. Instead, the fixes will be bundled into next month’s Patch Tuesday update, which will install automatically.
If you want to download and install Windows 10 Build 18363.1171
- Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Click Update & security than Windows update,
- Here you need to check for updates manually and then click on the ‘Download and install now’ link under optional updates.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 10 Update offline download
If you’re running version 1909, use these links:
If you are looking for Latest Windows 10 ISO image click here.
How to Uninstall Windows Update?
So far, Microsoft has received no complaints regarding this update. But few of users reported different blue screen error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICEHowever etc. if you wish to uninstall the update, here are the steps:
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows key + i) –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View Update History.
- Now click on Uninstall updates. Once you do that, a new window will open with a list of your updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows that you wish to uninstall, right-click on it, and press the Uninstall button.
Again with similar changes new KB4580390 (OS Build 17763.1554) available for devices still running windows 10 version 1809. here the complete changelog listed Microsoft support site.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: Cannot install apps from Microsoft store Windows 10
- Solved: Modern Setup Host high CPU usage in Windows 10
- Optimize Windows 10 for better performance (Ultimate Guide)
- Screen goes black when playing games on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- The Ultimate Windows 10 Security Guide to Secure your PC