The service is responsible for starting and stopping print jobs, communicating with the printer, and ensuring that the print jobs are completed in the correct order.
The Print Spooler Service on Windows 10 OS is responsible for managing print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. And if due to some reason this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents. In such Situations recommend restart the print spooler service from the Windows service console. Right, click on print spooler service select restart. (If it’s not running simple select start). If the service Restarts or Stars, it’s great, But sometimes you may encounter Printer Spooler Error 1068:
Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer, Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start.
Spooler Service Error 1068
Depending on your environment and type of printer installed, the Print Spooler Service will have other dependent services that must be running before the Print Spooler Service will start. And you can check these dependent services under dependencies t
And the root cause of the Spooler Service Error 1068 is typically determined to be corruption with the print spooler server dependency. Usually, its the RPC (Remote Procedure Control) service crashes or becomes unresponsive. Here solutions to fix cannot start print spooler 1068 on windows 10. Let’s begin!
Start Dependency services
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok,
- This will open the Windows service console,
- locate the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service
- If it is not running, right-click it and start it and set it to Automatic.
- Also, locate and start any other Print Spooler dependency services listed in the Dependency tab of the Print Spooler Service.
- Set the Startup type for those Services to Automatic so they will start automatically the next time you reboot your system.
- Now right click on print spooler service and select start, check if this helps.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
Run the build-in printer troubleshooter following the steps below, which automatically detect and fix the problems for you.
- Press Windows + I, to open the settings app,
- Click update and Security then troubleshoot
- Select printer option then click run the troubleshooter,
- Let the troubleshooter detect and fix the problems for you,
- Restart windows after complete the process and check if there is no problem with printing.
Configure the dependency using CMD
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Now type the following command and press the enter key.
sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
Restart the system once the command has executed and it would probably fix your issue.
Tweak Windows registry
- Windows + R type regedit.msc and ok
- This will open Windows registry editor,
- Backup registry database then navigate the following path
- Move over to the right-hand pane and double click on DependOnService to view its value.
- In the Edit Multi-String window, delete any Value data and replace it with RPCSS.
- Then click Ok to save the changes.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your machine.
At the next startup repeat whatever action was triggering the Spooler Service Error 1068. You should no longer be encountering this error.
Still, need help Clear print spooler Files following steps here.
- How To fix Devices and Printers not Loading on Windows 10 Version 1903
- 15 Tips to Optimize Windows 10 for better performance
- Diagnose Network and Internet connection problems in Windows 10
- Windows 10 BSOD Driver irql not less or equal bugcheck 0x0000000A