Getting Windows 10 printer problem, the printer is in an error state, unable to print documents or unable to connect to the printer? Here every possible solution to fix Printer in Error State or Offline on Windows 10. A number of windows users report After Recent windows 10 fall creators update or Install the latest updates connected printers stopped working or getting Printer in Error State problem. Also uninstalling and reinstalling the device doesn’t seem to work for them.
Printer in Error State Windows 10
The printer in error state problem on windows 10 is an error usually displayed when the printer is jammed, low in paper or ink, the cover is open, or the printer is not connected properly etc. Here some applicable solutions to fix this error.
Check connected properly and Restart the printer
First Check your printer for a physical problem which may be the cause of “printer in error state problem in Windows 10. Check whether the connection between your printer and computer functions normally. Make sure your devices connect to each other properly, try with a Different USB port and the network (either wireless or Bluetooth) or cable you use for the connection has no problem.
- Turn off the printer and check for paper jam then close all trays properly. If it has a paper jam slowly remove it.
- Check if the printer is low on ink, refill it if it is.
- If you are using WiFi printer, turn on the WiFi of the printer and the modem router.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has build in printer troubleshooting tool that automatically detects and fixes problems with installing and connecting to a printer.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot,
- Then Select printer then click run the troubleshooter,
- Let the troubleshooter detect and fix the problems prevent printer work properly.
- Restart Windows Once the troubleshooter complete the process and check if this helps.
Check Print spooler service running
- Press Windows +R type services.msc in the box and press enter.
- This will open the Windows service console,
- Now locate services called Print Spooler, make sure the services are started and set to Automatic.
- To set the service to automatic, right click on the service and click automatic.
- Click Apply and then click ok.
Tweak on Device Manager
- Press Windows + R keys together, type devmgmt.msc and click ok.
- This will open the Device manager and list all installed drivers.
- Click on the View menu and then select “Show hidden devices” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category
- Right click on the Printer Port then select Properties option.
Now On the Printer Port (LPT1) Properties dialog box, go to the Port Settings tab and then select the option “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” and then check the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” box.
That’s all After the click on OK button to save the changes and then close Device Manager. Restart your computer and printer to get a fresh start and try to take a printout. Hope this time you should be able to print out any document without experiencing the Windows 10 Printer in an error state issue.
Reinstall Printer’s Drivers
If you are still experiencing the same Printer in error state problem while taking printouts? Then try to updating or reinstalling printer’s drivers on your system. To do this open Device manager by following below.
- Press Windows101tricks + R, type devmgmt.msc and hit the enter key.
- On the Device Manager, expand Printers and then find your printer on the list.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver and then select the Uninstall device option from the context menu.
When warning pop-up will appear “You are about to uninstall this device from your system“. Checkmark on delete the driver software for this device and Simply, click on Uninstall button to proceed. Once the printer drivers are uninstalled, restart your system. After the reboot, Windows 10 PC will automatically attempt to install the printer drivers.
Download latest driver from manufacturer website
Or Visit the manufacturer’s website and manually download the latest versions of printer drivers for your Windows 10 PC.
Then install the printer driver, run the setup.exe and follow on-screen instructions. Installing updated printer drivers manually might help you in fixing the printer is in error state Windows 10 printer problem and many similar printer issues.
If you have tried the methods above and the error persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your printer. They can help you find out the cause of the problem, and have your printer repaired or replaced.
- How To Fix Default Printer Keeps Changing in windows 10
- Printer not working after windows 10 update “Printer Driver Is Unavailable”
- How To fix Devices and Printers not Loading on Windows 10 Version 1903
- Fix Windows Cannot Connect to the Printer Error in Windows 10
- Solved: Default printer changes automatically windows 10