Printer status showing ready but not printing documents or printing blank pages only? Here possible solutions to fix the problem.
Printer problems are extremely frustrating when you have urgent documents to print for meetings. Sometimes you might experience HP printer not printing or documents in the queue not printing after sending the print command from your PC. Also, several users report Hp printer printing blank pages or printer not responding after send the print command on Windows 10. Most of the time connectivity issues or incorrect configurations or faulty drivers cause HP or Epson printers not printing.
Why is my printer not printing?
So question on mind, Why is my printer not printing documents? There are several possible factors that can cause the HP printer problems such as missing or outdated printer drivers, faulty connections, bad configurations in Windows or a temporary glitch. Again having no ink or having paper jam can also cause frustration with any printer.
Printer Not Printing Windows 10
If your printer is printing blank pages or documents in the queue not printing, here’s how to troubleshoot the problem so you can get back to work.
Let’s first restart the printer and your computer That probably help if a temporary glitch prevents complete print jobs in Windows 10.
Check the Printer Status
The next thing you have to check the status of your printer, for example, if your printer is offline it cannot complete print jobs.
- Make sure that your printer has sufficient paper, ink or toner and most importantly there is no paper jam.
- Sometimes you might experience printer printing blank pages because of empty toner, Make sure it is fulfilled or if you have an inkjet printer check the ink levels.
- Look at the printer cartridge, If the printer cartridge’s status is faulty, you should replace it with a new one.
- Check the connection cables between the wall power to the printer power connector. Again you should check the USB cable connection between the printer USB port to the Windows computer USB port, it’s connected properly.
- If you have a network printer, ensure that the network cable is connected properly between the HP printer and switch (Or router). In addition, have a look at the lights in front of the HP printer.
Well checked the above steps, the printer is ready but not printing documents then apply the next solution.
Set Printer as Default Printer
Sometimes you may experience a printer is not printing because of a wrong printer configuration. Let’s set the correct printer as the default printer which probably helps fix the printer not printing problem on Windows 10.
- Press the Windows key + S type control panel and select the first result,
- Click Hardware and Sound then Devices and Printers.
- This will display all installed printer list, Right-click your HP printer and choose Set as the default printer.
- If you are prompted with any questions, just follow it.
Clear pending print jobs
Another possible cause for the printer not printing is the stuck print queue. Yes, failed print jobs can also stop printer function normally and lead to the printer not printing issues on Windows 10.
- Open Devices and Printers in the Control Panel
- In the Printers section Right-click on your active printer and select See What’s printing
- Click on the Printer menu and then select Open As Administrator.
- Again open the Printer menu and this time select Cancel All Documents
- Click yes to confirm your action and clear all printing jobs.
Check print spooler service
The print spooler service plays an important role in complete print jobs on Windows PC. When you send a print command the print spooler temporarily stores print jobs in the computer’s memory until the printer is ready to print them. If due to any reason print spooler service stop or not start, you might experience print not printing issue.
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok
- This will open the Windows service console, scroll down and locate the print spooler service.
- Look at the print spooler service status, if it’s running right right-click on it and select restart.
- Well if the print spooler service is not started then double-click on it to open its properties,
- Here change its startup type automatic, the start the service next to service status.
Run printer troubleshooter
Run the built-in printer troubleshooter that helps automatically detect and fix problems that prevent the printer from completing print jobs in Windows 10. Running printer troubleshooter check whether you have the latest Printer drivers or try to fix and or update them. Also, look for connectivity issues, Print Spooler and required Services are running fine and more.
- Press the Windows key + X to select settings,
- Click on Update & Security the troubleshoot,
- Click on the additional troubleshooters link, scroll down to locate the printer select it
- Click on Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions to allow Windows to automatically diagnose and fix problems that prevent complete print jobs in Windows 10.
Also, you can run the printer troubleshooter using the command msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic.
Or you can click here to download its latest version from Microsoft.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
When you plug a printer into your PC, Windows will usually grab the necessary drivers for you. But If you get a faulty or outdated printer driver, your printer won’t print too. In this case, you should reinstall or update the driver following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok
- This will open the Windows device manager, and display all installed device driver list,
- Expand Print queues, and then right-click your printer driver and choose Uninstall device from the elevated menu. and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the operation.
- Again open the programs and features window using appwiz.cpl
- Look if the printer driver is listed there, if found any right right-click and uninstall.
- Restart your computer to completely remove the printer driver from your computer.
Now download the latest printer driver and install it on your computer. To do this head to the printer manufacturer’s website, look up the support page for your model and download the driver or software package manually.
Did these solutions help fix the hp printer not printing documents or printer printing blank pages on Windows 10? Let us know on the comments below.
- HP Printer showing offline? Let’s change the Printer status from Offline to Online
- How to Cancel or Delete a Stuck Print Job in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Solved: Print Spooler keeps stopping Not Running on Windows 10
- Solved: Can’t print documents, Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10
- How to Install Printer Via IP Address In Windows 10, 8.1 and 7