Getting error message “proxy server is not responding” While open web pages? Even you check your router, modem and all other WiFi devices are working properly. But Google chrome on your desktop unable to access web pages, results “the configured proxy server isn’t responding”.
Windows 10 automatically detects proxy settings that used to tell Internet Explorer the network address of an intermediary server (known as a proxy server) that is used between the browser and the Internet on some networks. But sometimes due to system malfunction or antivirus firewall blocks your access to the proxy server not responding on Windows 10.
Fix proxy server not responding
If you are also struggling with this problem, here some effective solutions to fix proxy server not responding on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
First of all we recommend temporarily disable Security (antivirus) software if installed.
Check and make sure you have a working internet connection, or restart router, modem that fix if any temporary glitch causing the problem.
Uncheck Proxy option
Some time due to virus infection or any other Reason the proxy may get changed, it’s better to check and manually reset the proxy setting.
- Press Windows + R, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
- Move to Connections tab and select LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN
- make sure “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
- Again open the web browser and Check the problem resolved.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
- Again open Internet properties using inetcpl.cpl
- switch to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset button and internet explorer will start the reset process.
- On next window, checkmark option “Delete personal settings option.
- Then click Reset and wait for the process to finish.
- Restart windows and check the proxy server problem resolved.
Delete proxy from the registry
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok to open the windows registry editor.
- Backup registry database, then navigate to the following key
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Here look for the following Dword keys, Right-click and Delete them
Reset Network settings
Open command prompt as administrator and run following commands that reset network configuration to default settings. And fix if there any network and internet conflict causing the problem.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
Reinstall the network drivers in the device manager
Also try to reinstall the network adapter driver, this may help if corrupted, outdated network adapter driver causing the problem.
- Press the Windows key + X key and then click on Device Manager.
- Browse to Network adapters, right click on the wireless device/Wired device that you are using and click on Uninstall, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself. Now check if the Internet works fine.
Did these solutions help to fix the proxy server not responding windows 10? Let us know on comments below. Also, read
- Solved: Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep
- Fix DHCP is not enabled for local area connection in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Solved : WiFi Connected But No Internet Access windows 10 !!! 
- Solved: ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Google Chrome Error