Having an issue with Windows 10 Laptop? It’s not performing well, Windows 10 freezes after May 2020 Update? Have tried different solutions but still, Windows 10 PC performance is getting worse and worse? In such cases, you can consider Reset this PC option to Refresh Windows 10 version 2004 without losing data and apps. This can also be a good method of troubleshooting – if a driver issue or other software bug is causing issues with your PC. A factory reset will quite often solve the issue, allowing you to carry on working without the expense and hassle of getting it repaired. Here this post step by step guide to refresh windows 10 without losing programs and data.
Reset Windows 10 PC without losing files
If you’re experiencing the stability of performance issues Here how to Restore Windows 10 to factory settings without losing files and apps.
- Using the refresh tool will remove all the apps that don’t come standard with the operating system. This means that apps included by your manufacturers, such as drivers, support apps, and other apps will be removed too.
- Also Backup/note down your windows and office product key, Digital license, digitally downloaded content, and various other digital entitlement for certain applications.
Reinstall Windows 10
- Open Settings app using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click on “Update and Security” then “Recovery”.
- Here Under “Reset this PC”, option Click on Get started as shown image below.
Afterward, you have the possibility to choose from two options. Microsoft describes the option as follows: Keep your files or remove everything
- If you do not want to lose your files and data, select the Keep my files option where Windows remove your apps and settings but keep your personal files and data intact.
- And if you want to remove everything and start afresh, select the Remove everything option. Well, Windows will ask you if you want to remove all files from all drives or only the drive where Windows is installed. You will also be asked if you want to clean the drives too.
- Here this post we are explaining refresh windows 10 without losing data and apps that cause we need to select “Keep my files” option.
- On the next screen, this will display the list of third-party apps you have installed will be removed during the reset process.
- Its better note down all installed apps, you can install them later.
- When you click on next windows will Display Ready to Reset this PC.
Read the notes carefully, Reset will Remove all apps and programs (which you manually installed after windows 10 installation or upgrade). Default, prebuild apps will keep there.
Also, this will change windows settings back to their default settings, and Reinstall windows without removing your Personal files.
When you click on Reset this will Restart windows. you just sit back and relax, let Windows do it’s things, after some time, you’ll be presented with a nice clean install or fresh install of Windows 10.
Windows 10 factory reset from boot
Your PC isn’t working well and you can’t open the Settings app to reset this PC? Don’t worry you can also reset Windows 10 from the sign-in screen. To perform this you need from installation media if you don’t have here how to make Windows 10 bootable USB.
- Boot your PC/Laptop form installation media,
- Skip the first screen then next click on Repair Your Computer,
Next, you need to click on Troubleshoot, then reset this PC,
Next, choose an option Keep my files and follow on-screen instructions to reset Windows 10 to factory default.
That’s all once the process completes windows will restart with a fresh installation. Here a video tutorial explains “Reset Your Windows 10 Computer Without Losing Data”