Today is the Second Tuesday of Month, And as a part of September 2018 patch Tuesday update Microsoft released a new set of Security updates for all supported versions of Windows as following: Windows 10 cumulative update KB4457128 for April 2018 Update, KB4457142 for Fall Creators Update, KB4457138 for Creators Update, KB4457131 for Anniversary Update, and KB4457132 for original Windows 10 RTM version. Windows 10 version 1511 isn’t getting any new updates.
Patch Tuesday is the unofficial name of Microsoft’s scheduled release of the newest security fixes for its Windows operating system and related software applications, as detailed in the Windows Security Updates Guide.
In terms of security, These cumulative updates typically bring fixes for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers, Windows apps, the Windows kernel, and Windows graphics. As for the non-security refinements in these updates, each of them comes with bugfixes aimed at the Windows 10 version they are supposed to be installed on.
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 Cumulative Updates ( 11, September 2018 )
These cumulative updates KB4457128, KB4457142, KB4457138, KB4457131) include both security and non-security improvements, and it’s essential for users to install them as soon as possible. Compatible devices connected to Microsoft server will automatically get downloaded these updates. Or you can manually check and install Windows 10 cumulative updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update and check for updates.
Also you can download the standalone update package from Microsoft update catalog website.
Windows 10 version 1803, KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285)
Microsoft has released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update, bumping OS build number to 17134.285. The update titled “2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 (KB4457128)” comes with both security and non-security improvements.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Provides protection against a Spectre Variant 2 vulnerability (CVE-2017-5715) for ARM64 devices.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Program Compatibility Assistant (PCA) service to have excessive CPU usage. This occurs when the concurrency of two simultaneous add and remove programs (ARP) monitoring threads is not handled correctly.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows media, Windows Shell, Windows Hyper-V, Windows datacenter networking, Windows virtualization and kernel, Windows Linux, Windows kernel, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows MSXML, and Windows Server.
Windows 10 version 1709, KB4457142 (OS Build 16299.665)
Microsoft has released KB4457142 update for windows 10 fall creators update. Installing this update would bump the build number to 16299.665, And Address following points.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows graphics, Windows media, Windows Shell, Windows cryptography, Windows virtualization and kernel, Windows datacenter networking, Windows hyper-V, Windows Linux, Windows kernel, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows MSXML, and Windows Server.
Windows 10 version 1703, KB4457138 (OS Build 15063.1324)
For devices still running Windows 10 creators update version 1703, Microsoft released update KB4457138 that change the OS, Windows 10 Build 15063.1324 and Devices running Anniversary update version 1607 receive security update KB4457131 (OS Build 14393.2485) that brings the same fix as KB4457142.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows media, Windows Shell, Device Guard, Windows Hyper-V, Windows datacenter networking, Windows kernel, Windows virtualization and kernel, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows MSXML, and Windows Server.
Security Updates for Windows 7 and 8.1 users
If you are using Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 you’ll get KB4457145 (Security-only update) and KB4457144 (Monthly Rollup) For Windows 8.1 users, you will see KB4457143 (Security-only update) and KB4457129 (Monthly Rollup) it has the following changelog:
- Security updates to Windows media, Windows Shell, Windows Hyper-V, Windows kernel, Windows datacenter networking, Windows virtualization and kernel, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows MSXML, and Windows Server.
If you Face andy difficulty while installing these updates, Windows update stuck checking for updates, downloading updates failed to install with different errors check out this guide.