Solved: Server DNS Address Could Not Be Found Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Getting Server DNS Address Could Not Be Found error while open web pages on Windows 10? A number of users report this issue like Chrome browser suddenly stopped being able to reach certain websites and says that the “DNS address couldn’t be reached”. Some sites (like Google and YouTube) work perfectly fine, while others (like Tumblr and Amazon) just can’t load at all. For Others, If the page does open, often times the pictures are missing and while refreshing the page, results the DNS address could not be found.
This is a common error mostly occurs when the Domain Name does not match its IP address. It could occur due to a variety of system errors, Inaccessible DNS server, IP address change at a server-level, Incorrect network configuration, Temporary gitch and more. Whatever the reason here some solutions you may apply to fix Server DNS Address Could Not Be Found on Windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Fix Server DNS address could not be found error
Before performing any troubleshooting process first make sure you have clear your Browsers Caches and Cookies from your PC.
Remove unnecessary Chrome extensions which might be causing this issue.
Temporarily disable Security software (Antivirus) if installed.
Also start windows, clean boot state to check and make sure any third party application confliction not causing the issue.
Let’s apply the solutions below.
Clearing Chrome’s Host cache
If Chrome’s host cache is corrupt or too full, you may not be able to access any websites. This is a very common cause of the problem, and quite an easy one to fix:
Open Chrome and type chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar, press Enter on your keyboard, then click the Clear host cache button.
This should solve this problem of website server address could not be found. Check whether the problem has been solved by typing in the search bar the address you want to visit. Still having the same issue
Try to reset the TCP/IP
If the TCP/IP configuration get damaged, Corrupted this could sometimes cause no internet connection, Web page unavailable, DNS address could not be found etc. Let’s reset the Winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.
- To do this open Command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
netsh winsock reset (To reset winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset (To reset TCP/IP stack)
ipconfig /release (To Release current IP address )
ipconfig /renew (To Request DHCP server for a new IP address)
ipconfig /flushdns (To flush DNS cache)
ipconfig /registerdns (Re-register the DNS address)
Now type exit to close the command prompt
Reboot the computer and check Web pages opens without any error “DNS Address Could Not Be Found”. Still, need help follow next solution.
Delete etc Folder Files
This is a very simple solution to instantly fix DNS Address Could Not Be Found Windows 10. Deleting files in the etc folder clears the system of the files that are unimportant and not needed.
Step 1 – Open the File Manager on your PC.
Step 2 – Type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc on the search bar.
Step 3 – Hit ‘Enter’.
Step 4 – Delete all the files you see.
Step 5 – This should do it. Now try accessing the website on your Google Chrome browser.
Change DNS settings
Modify DNS Server Settings
- Go to Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on Change Adapter settings.
- Right click on your connection icon (Wireless Network Connection or Local Area Connection) and select properties.
- Select Internet protocol version 4.
- Click on “Use the following DNS server address” and type DNS given below.
- Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Tick mark on Validate settings upon exit, Ok and apply to make save changes.
Note: If you found already network configuration is set to Use the following DNS server address. Then try “Obtain DNS server address automatically“.
This should change your DNS Server Settings and the new connection will be established this time when you try to access the internet. Thus your website will be loaded normally without any error.
Restart DNS client service
- Click Windows Start button and select Run;
- Type services.msc and press OK;
- Find DNS Client;
- Right-click on it and select Restart.
Reset Internet Settings
1. Press Windows Key + R then type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
2. In the Internet settings window select the Advanced tab.
3. Click on the Reset button and internet explorer will start the reset process.
4. Open Chrome and from the menu go to Settings.
5. Scroll down and click on Show Advanced settings.
6. Next, under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
4. Reboot the Windows 10 device again and check if the error is resolved or not.
Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
The official Google Chrome Cleanup Tool helps in scanning and removing software’s that may cause the problem with chrome such as crashes, unusual startup pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you can’t get rid of, or otherwise changing your browsing experience.
Also, try to reinstall the web browser (Google Chrome) which may resolve any temporary gitch.
Did these solutions help to fix DNS Address Could Not Be Found on windows 10, 8.1 and 7? Let us know which option worked for you, Also Read DNS Server not Responding On windows 10/8.1/7