Svchost.exe (svchost) is a generic and legitimate Windows process that loads several other critical services for proper Windows operation. All the services which are running in the background are executed in the form of DDL’s and it is the job of svchost.exe to run them. As all the processes are run under scvhost.exe, If any service stops responding, Crashes, or get corrupted it results in svchost.exe high CPU usage, Memory leak, or 100% disk usage problem.
If you’re seeing many svchost.exe items hogging your CPU usage, or svchost.exe (netsvcs) High Network Usage No worries, it’s possible to fix.
Fix svchost high CPU windows 10
High CPU or memory usage of svchost.exe services can be caused by viruses or malicious programs. We recommend performing a full system scan with an updated antivirus program for possible viruses and malicious programs.
Also, run third-party system optimizer like CCleaner to clear junk, cache temp system files and fix broken registry entries.
Make sure windows have latest updates installed, Or manually check for updates from settings, update & security.
Restart windows and check there is no more high CPU usage.
Disable certain svchost.exe service
Disabling the Certain services which cause High CPU disk usage problem
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- Now look for Windows update service,
- Right-click and select stop,
- change the startup type disabled to permanently disable the service.
- Do the same with background intelligent transfer service and superfetch service
- Now check there is no more windows 10 High CPU, 100% disk usage by svchost.exe (netsvcs)
Clear all event viewer log
Many users also report that the svchost.exe high memory usage problem is caused by the large log files present in the Windows event viewer. Therefore, clearing the event viewer logs is a good way to fix the problem.
Follow the steps below to clear the event viewer logs:
- Press Windows logo key + R to open the Run application
- Type eventvwr.msc in the dialogue box and then click Ok
- On the left pane, locate and expand Windows Logs
- Then right-click on the subfolders under it and then click on Clear Log
- Do this same process for Security, Setup, and System.
- Once done, restart your computer and check to see if the problem still exists or not.
Disable Background Running Apps
On windows 10 Some Apps run itself on the background and use system resources. If any App get corrupt and stop responding then also you face system Not responding and High CPU, Memory usage problem. You can disable the unnecessary background running apps to save system resources by fallowing bellow.
- Go to Settings from the Start menu then click Privacy and Background apps.
- Turn off the toggle switches next to the apps you don’t want to have running all the time.
- Of course, you can still launch these programs manually if you need them.
- When you Restart windows you will notice Hight CPU or Disk usage problem may get fixed.
Also, run DISM command and SFC utility to scan and fix the problem if the system file corruption causing the problem.
If you notice Windows 10 High CPU usage while download install windows updates, we recommend reset windows update components that most probably fix the problem for you.
Did these solutions help to fix svchost.exe (netsvcs) high CPU usage windows 10? Let us know on comments below, also read: