Experienced any Problems, Issues After installing Windows 10 October 2018 Update and looking for way to revert back to previous windows? Yes during the first ten days since the upgrade was installed, you can quickly Downgrade Windows 10 1809 to 1803 using the recovery options. Here this post we discuss how to roll back windows 10 1809 to 1803.
Uninstall Windows 10 version 1809
- If your device has been upgraded using Windows Update, Update Assistant, or you use the Media Creation Tool, That cause only you can uninstall widnows 10 1809. ( If you performed clean installation you cant uninstall/rollback windows 10
- It is possible to uninstall Windows 10 version 1809 only if you have not deleted the Windows.old folder. If you already deleted it, then the only option available for you will be to perform a clean install of the previous operating system.
- You can only uninstall windows 10 version 1809 during the first ten days since the upgrade was installed.
How to downgrade windows 10 1809 to 1803
Bear in mind, if you do revert to a previous build you may need to reinstall some apps and programs, and you will lose any changes you made to Settings after installing the October 2018 update. You’ll also be advised to back up your files as a precaution.
Also Before you continue, ensure you have installed all cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1809. With recent updates, Microsoft may resolve potential issues you face when uninstalling it.
Also Check This:
- Windows 10 October 2018 update Version 1809 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- Windows 10 October 2018 update version 1809 Common Queries and Answers
- Fix Windows 10 Version 1809 Freezes Applications Not Responding on Startup
- Extend 10 How to extend the 10 day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows
To uninstall 1809 or downgrade 1809 to 1803, do the following.
- Open Windows Settings ( Using Windows + I keyboard Shortcut key)
- Click on Update & Security then Recovery on the left
- Now click on Get started under ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
- This will prompt why you are going back to the previous build, With Options
– My apps or devices don’t work on this build
– Earlier builds seemed easier to use
– Earlier builds seemed faster
– Earlier builds seemed more reliable
– For another reason
- Select any preferred answer or Select for another Reason ( also There is opt to tell Microsoft more about your reasons if you wish ) and click Next to continue.
- When you click on next Windows 10 will prompt you the chance to check for updates in case that a new update is available to fix the current issue you’re having.
- If you’ve decided to roll back, click No, thanks to continuing the rollback processed.
- On Next Screen Read What you need to know carefully.
- This will instruct you After going back you need to reinstall some apps, programs.
- Also, lose any changes you have made after upgrade to windows 10 October 2018 update.
- After reading this Carefully click next to proceed one more step to Uninstall Windows 10 version 1809.
- Now Windows 10 will remind you that you need to know the password of the user account in the previously installed operating system ( windows 10 1803).
- That’s All Windows Will prompt Thanks for trying out this build”. Click Go back to earlier build to begin the windows 1809 rollback process.
- And the setup will take over and roll back your PC to the previous version of Windows 10 version 1809.
Once you have done this, you may want to defer installing Windows Updates on your Windows 10, To Delay Windows New update installation for some days.