Today (12/06/2018) As patch Tuesday update Microsoft pushed cumulative update KB4284835 to users who installed windows version 1803. As we notice install KB4284835 update bumps the Windows 10 Build 17134.112 (10.0.17134.112) And As per Microsoft this update KB4284835 includes quality improvements ( introducing support for the SameSite cookie feature in Edge and Internet Explorer ), addresses a number of bugs, such as addressed issue systems to boot to a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10 April 2018 update, issue affecting the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks, it also contains a crucial fix for an issue affecting brightness controls on some laptops.
The patch update KB4284835 will be delivered via Windows Update PC running Windows 10 April 2018 update, Or you can check And install KB4284835 update from Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check For Updates. And you can also grab the offline installers from the below links.
Post Contents :-
You can manually download the Build 17134.83 aka KB4284835 by clicking here.
Whats new on Windows 10 update KB4284835
As we expect the KB4284835 update for Windows 10 version 1803 address lots of bug such as fixed a bug where the devices go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled but at a time when the Secure Boot is disabled, and thus preventing firmware installation.
This update KB4284835, Microsoft has fixed an issue causing systems to boot to a black screen after upgrading to the Windows 10 version 1803. Where company explains that the issues occurred because of the compatibility issues with previous updates to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
Also fixed an issue where users report after upgrade to windows 10 April 2018 update desktop became blank and shows “location not available”
Also this update address an issue affecting the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks. Microsoft is also introducing support for the SameSite cookie feature in Edge and Internet Explorer. The company has fixed an issue with Internet Explorer where the browser might fail to update the location services.
KB4284835 Update changelog details
Here the brief of windows 10 version 1803 cumulative update KB4284835 changelog details. You Can read the entire list from Microsoft blog.
- Provides protection from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). These protections aren’t enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use this guidance document to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) in addition to the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- Addresses an issue in which the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks can’t run in multi-user mode on Windows 10 1803 devices. Users will now be offered Windows 10, version 1803.
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
- Addresses an issue that causes certain games to fail to show dialogs when connected to monitors that support interlaced display formats.
- Addresses an issue with the brightness controls on some laptops after updating to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
- Addresses a reliability issue in which the GameBar may fail to launch.
- Addresses an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. This update prevents firmware installation on devices in this state. Administrators can install firmware updates by:
- Temporarily suspending BitLocker.
- Immediately installing firmware updates before the next OS startup.
- Immediately restarting the device so that BitLocker doesn’t remain in the suspended state.
- Addresses an issue that caused the system to start up to a black screen. This issue occurs because previous updates to the Spring Creators Update were incompatible with specific versions of PC tune-up utilities after installation.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows kernel, Windows Server, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows wireless networking, remote code execution, and Windows virtualization and kernel.
Also Read Previous Cumulative Update KB4103721 windows 10 Build 17134.48 change log details