Windows 10 May 2019 Update finally available for everyone. The seventh major Feature update for Windows 10 brings most anticipated Light theme, sandbox, kamoji and more. And all compatible devices receive the Windows 10 version 1903 update notification for free. But this time user control over the feature update to download or ignore the feature update while receiving the security updates. That means on Windows update screen if you see Feature update Windows 10 version 1903, you need to click the download button to get it.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 1903 update failed
Well, overall the upgrade process is smoother. when you click the download button the updates download from Microsoft server. And you need to restart your PC to apply these updates. But sometimes users report Windows 10 1903 update stuck downloading, for others Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install. Here users report
Cause 01: When the download of Windows 10 Version 1903 is completed, Windows asks to restart the system to install the update. After the system’s restart, the May 2019 update is not installed and at the Update history you receive the following error: “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 Failed to install…” (error: 0x80080008)
Cause 02: After checking for new updates, Windows is starting to download the May 2019 update for Windows 10 version 1903, but during the Downloading Updates operation, is stuck at xx% (e.g. at 85% or 99%) with error 0x80d02002.
Well if you are also struggling form similar problem, here solutions to fix and get Windows 10 may 2019 update right way.
- First check you have a stable internet connection to download update files,
- Temporarily uninstall antivirus if installed on your PC,
- Check Date, Time zone settings are correct and Disconnect VPN if configured.
- Disable any external USB devices include HDD or SD card,
- Open the Service Manager (services.msc) and ensure that below services are Started and their Startup type is as follows:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service: Manual
- Cryptographic Service: Automatic
- Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has developed Windows Update Troubleshooter which analyzes your system particularly the windows update module and troubleshoots problems. We recommend, first Run the update troubleshooter and let windows to check and fix the problem itself.
To Run windows update Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Update & Security
- Click troubleshoot
- And from middle panel select Windows update
- Then click Run the Troubleshooter
The windows update troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows update components
If all the above methods failed to fix simply perform command below to reset the windows update components. To do this open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by entering key.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
Above commands stop Windows update service and its related services.
- Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
This will rename or backup the Software distribution folder where windows update files get stored. Means Next time when you check for updates this will create new Software distribution folder and download fresh update files.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
After that perform the above command to start the windows update and its related services.
- Now opne Windows update from settings, update & update and check for updates.
- Hit the download button if windows 10 1903 update available,
- Restart windows to apply the updates,
- hope this time you successfully upgrade to Windows 10 may 2019 update.
- Well you can use winver command to confirm the build number 18362.1
Run DISM command
If you still have a problem installing Windows 10 May 2019 update. Run the DISM restore health command that prepares and repairs the system image. And then after run system file checker utility that helps with restore missing system files.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Run DISM command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- And after that run sfca/scannow to run system file checker utility,
- Restart windows after complete the scanning process
Perform a clean boot
If these methods still don’t help, we recommend you to perform a clean boot to eliminate the influence of the 3rd party software and check again.
- Click Start and type msconfig in the search box.
- Press Enter.
- On the General tab, click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load startup items check box.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
- Click Disable all.
- Click OK
Now restart windows and check for Windows 10 update, hope this time you get succeed, Windows 10 May 2019 update Download and install on your system successfully.
Get Windows 10 May 2019 update Manually
If all above methods failed to fix then simply download the “Windows Update Assistant” from Microsoft website. Run the upgrade assistant click the Update Now button and follow the on-screen prompts to install the Update.
- When you Click update now assistant will perform basic checks on your PC hardware and configuration.
- And start the download process after 10 seconds, assuming everything looks good.
- After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown (the actual installation can take up to 90 minutes). Click the “Restart now” button at the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link at the bottom left to delay it.
- After your computer restarts (a few times), Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- Top 5 Features of Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 update
- How to Rollback or uninstall windows 10 1903, May 2019 update
- 15 Tips to Optimize Windows 10 1903 for better performance
- How to extend the 10 day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows
- Windows 10 Version 1903 ISO Direct Download links (May 2019 Update)
- Solved: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop “Your PC Did Not Start Correctly”