Today (28/11/2018) Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 18290.1000(rs_prerelease) on 19H1 development branch available for Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. As per the Microsoft Insider blog, the latest Windows 10 19H1 Build 18290 brings Fluent Design to Start Menu, Improvements to Search and Cortana experiences. Now you can quickly identify which applications are using the microphone, manually sync the current time, Windows Update will show an icon with an orange indicator when restart is required, and more.
Post Contents :-
What’s new Windows 10 19H1 Build 18290?
The latest preview build comes with noticeable improvements and changes to start menu and Cortana search, Date & Time setting tweaks and tons of bug fixes. let’s take a look What’s new on Windows 10 build 18290.
Fluent Design to Start Menu
The highlight of the latest build 18290 is the Start menu refinement that gets a touch of Fluent design, making it look more attractive. The company is also adding icons to the power and user menu for easier identification.
“when you update to today’s build you’ll notice we’ve polished up the power and user menus in Start as well – including adding icons for easier identification”
Manually Sync your clock
With The latest 19H1 Build 18290 Microsoft finally added an option in the Date & Time Settings that will let you manually synchronize your clock with the time server. This is very helpful if you notice PC clock might be showing the wrong time, Simply open settings -> time and language -> click on sync now. Also, Settings app will show the last time that time was successfully synced and the address of your current time server.
Quickly identify which app using your microphone
The latest build Updated microphone icon in the notification area, that display what program or which programs are accessing the microphone (just hover over the microphone icon to see). And Double-clicking the icon will open Microphone Privacy Settings. In cause multiple apps are using your microphone, then double clicking the icon will just list how many apps are actively using your microphone.
Improved Search and Cortana experiences
Windows 10’s new light theme (introduced on the previous build 18282) is now available in Cortana. And Microsoft’s digital assistant now supports light theme and it also comes with updated landing page which gives recent activities a bit more room to breathe.
When you start a search now, you’ll notice we’ve updated the landing page – giving recent activities a bit more room to breathe, adding light theme support, a touch of acrylic and including all the search filter options as pivots from the get go.
And for Windows Update, starting with build 18290, you’ll see an updated Windows Update icon in the notification area with an orange indicator alerting you that a restart is pending.
General changes, improvements build 18290
- We fixed an issue resulting in PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge not displaying correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- We fixed an issue resulting in mouse wheel scrolling in many UWP apps and XAML surfaces being unexpectedly fast in recent builds.
- We’ve made some updates to the taskbar to reduce the number of times you may see the icons redraw. Most noticeably when interacting with the recycle bin, although in other scenarios as well.
- Antivirus apps must run as a protected process to register with Windows and appear in the Windows Security app. If an AV app does not register, Windows Defender Antivirus will remain enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the System unexpectedly consuming a high amount of CPU for prolonged periods of time when enumerating Bluetooth devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Cortana.Signals.dll crashing in the background.
- We fixed an issue that caused Remote Desktop to show a black screen for some users. This same issue could also cause freezes over Remote Desktop when using VPN.
- We fixed an issue resulting in mapped network drivers potentially displayed as Unavailable when using the net use command, and displaying a red X in File Explorer.
- Improved compatibility of Narrator with Chrome.
- Improved performance of Magnifier centered mouse mode.
- We fixed an issue where the Pinyin IME would always show English mode in the taskbar, even when typing in Chinese in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in languages showing an unexpected “Unavailable input method” in their list of keyboards in Settings if you added the language via Language Settings in recent flights.
- Thanks everyone who’s shared feedback about the new Japanese Microsoft IME introduced with Build 18272. For the moment the IME version will be returning to the one that shipped with the October 2018 Update while we take your feedback into consideration.
- We’ve added support for LEDBAT in uploads to Delivery Optimization peers on the same LAN (behind the same NAT). Currently LEDBAT is only used by Delivery Optimization in uploads to Group or Internet peers. This feature should prevent congestion on the local network and allow peer-to-peer upload traffic to back off instantly when the network is utilized for higher priority traffic.
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password or PIN, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
- Due to a merge conflict, the settings for enabling/disabling Dynamic Lock are missing from Sign-in Settings. We have a fix, which will flight soon.
- Settings crashes when clicking on the “View storage usage on other drives” option under System > Storage.
- The Windows Security app may show an unknown status for the Virus & threat protection area, or not refresh properly. This may occur after upgrade, restart, or settings changes.
- Delete previous version of Windows in Configure Storage Sense is not selectable.
- Settings will crash when opening Speech Settings.
- Insiders may see green screens with error System Service Exception in win32kbase.sys when interacting with certain games and apps. We have a fix that will flight in an upcoming flight, we appreciate your patience.
- There’s an update block for this build in place for a small number of PCs that use Nuvoton (NTC) TPM chips with a specific firmware version (220.127.116.11) due to a bug causing issues with Windows Hello face/biometric/pin login not working. The issue is understood and a fix will flight to Insiders soon.
Download Windows 10 build 18290
Windows 10 build 18290 Automatically Download and install via Windows update on Devices enrolled for fast ring insider preview. Also Insider users force Windows update from Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows update -> check for updates to install the latest 19H1 Build on their machine. If your device is not a part of fast ring or skip ahead check how to join Windows insider program and get early access to Windows 10 Upcoming new features.