Microsoft has released another Windows 10 1903 preview build 18362.113 (19h1_release) for windows insiders in the fast ring. Since we’re getting closer to the final release of the next feature update 1903, Windows 10 build 18362.113 doesn’t introduce new features or significant changes, only delivers bug fixes for Internet Explorer, and problems with Excel. Well, this build still contains problems for Creative X-Fi sound cards, Realtek SD card readers, and anti-cheat for games.
If you already running windows 10 19H1 preview builds 18362.86 (19h1_release) automatically download and install via windows update. Always you can force Windows Update from settings, update & security and Check for updates to manually install Windows 10 build 18362.113 on your system.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 19H1 Announcement
14/05/2019: Part of May 2019 patch update Microsoft has released KB4497936 for devices in the Release Preview ring already running Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 Update. This update KB4497936 change the build number Windows 10 Build 18362.113 and fixes a security vulnerability, issues with Internet Explorer, and problems with Excel:
- Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 64-Bit (x64) versions of Windows.
- Addresses an issue that decreases Internet Explorer’s performance when you use roaming profiles or you don’t use the Microsoft Compatibility List.
- Fixes a problem that may cause the text, layout, or cell size to become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
Still, there is a known issue: You may experience error “0x800705b4” when launching Windows Defender Application Guard or Windows Sandbox. And Microsoft is working on a resolution on this.
26/04/2019: Microsoft has released Cumulative Update KB4497093 for Windows 10 19h1 Preview ring that bumps to windows 10 build 18362.86 and fixes several bugs include:
- Windows Insiders in the Fast ring who were unable to update to the latest 20H1 build from Build 18362.86.
- improvements for users in Japan or use the OS in Japanese including fixes for the Japanese IME and fixes for date and time issues.
- fixed an issue where UWP VPN plugin apps might not be able to properly send packets through an established VPN tunnel on an IPv6 only network.
- Also, an issue causing updating to Build 18362 to fail to install with an 0x80242016 error, now fixed.
09/04/2019: The company has released new cumulative update KB4495666 for version 1903 that bumps to windows 10 build 18362.53. This update also includes security updates that come as part of the normal monthly Patch Tuesday release cycle.
08/04/2019: Microsoft has released Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 to the Release Preview ring Insiders.
“The May 2019 Update will remain in the Release Preview ring for an increased amount of time in order give us additional time and signals to detect any issues before broader deployment,”
04/04/2019: Microsoft has announced the upcoming Windows 10 feature update (code named 19H1 preview) would be named “Windows 10 May 2019 Update”.
Windows 10 build 18362.86 (19h1_release)
As we are getting closer to Windows 10 1903 RTM builds, Company started focuses on fixing bugs and improving the user experience.
Here Notable changes on Windows build 18362
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
- We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app updates not automatically installing.
Still, there are some known issues as well,
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
Note: Windows Insider builds are unfinished builds, that allow testing new features before they roll out officially but these builds contain unfinished, buggy codes that cause different problems on your PC. Its recommended not to install preview builds on production PC. If you love to try new features first install preview builds on a virtual machine.
Windows 10 19h1 release date
Microsoft has not yet confirmed any release date for the 19H1 update. However, the company usually rolls out the spring updates in April. We expect Windows 10 19H1 aka Version 1903 will reach RTM status sometime in March 2019. The public release of the Windows 10 19H1 update can be expected in April 2019as Windows 10 April 2019 Update Version 1903.
Windows 10 19h1 features
So far Microsoft has tested numerous new feature on Windows 10 19H1 preview builds that should be bundled on upcoming April 2019 Update version 1903. Here Some of Windows 10 19h1 features that include:
A brand new Light theme that brings lighter colors for the Start menu, Action Center, taskbar, touch keyboard, and other elements that didn’t have a true light color scheme when switching from the dark to light system theme.
Windows Sandbox allows you to easily run a virtualized version of Windows 10 in a window, allowing you to run the software and test out settings and code without it affecting your main Windows 10 installation.
Microsoft has Split Up Cortana from Windows search to offer the best search and voice-first digital assistant experience.
If you clean install the update, create a new account or a buy a new device, you will notice a simplified default Start layout.
New UI for Reset this PC as part of Settings > Update & Security > Recovery provides a more consistent experience across devices with different configurations and requires fewer clicks to complete.
Microsoft added “Pause updates for 7 days” option that allow Windows 10 Home, basic users, to pause windows updates for 7 days. and more you can read the complete list of Windows 10 19h1 features from here.