Today (12/11/2019) is the big day for Windows 10 users as Microsoft has made available the November 2019 Update version 1909 to non-Insiders (you can read how to get it here.) Also, the company released cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 for November Patch Tuesday. And Windows 10 insider preview 19023 (rs_prerelease) for Fast ring insiders, it’s from the 20H1 development branch.
This time Windows 10 Build 19023 doesn’t have any new features to get excited about, just a number of changes, fixes, and improvements. Here’s what got fixed and improved in build 19023:
Note: Windows 10 is being developed as a service, which means it regularly receives new features. Microsoft has launched Seven major updates so far: November Update, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, April 2018 Update, and October 2018 Update and May 2019 Update. And recently released the eighth feature update November 2019 update version 1909 you can get it from here.
What’s new Windows 10 build 19023?
Today’s build completely focus on improvements and bug fixes. Also the company has started test a new “optional” update experience for Windows drivers as well.
We are conducting an experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. During this experiment, drivers categorized as “optional” will not be automatically downloaded and installed on Windows Insider’s PCs running 20H1 Build 18980 and newer. To install any new optional drivers available for a PC that’s involved in this experiment (including drivers for new devices that might get plugged in to a PC), Insiders can go to Settings > Windows Update > Optional Updates and manually download these drivers. This experiment will be running now through November 25th, 2019. Microsoft explained.
Windows 10 19023 also brings fixes for the following problems.
- The latest preview build resolved an issue where, if a build attempted to download and install before you had completed the first log in of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you would experience a 2-hour window before you could install this new build.
- Previously some of the insider users report a quick action section in the Action Center was slightly off-center this problem has been resolved now.
- With latest build Microsoft has fixed an issue that could result in Cortana’s voice activation setting switching from on back to off after explorer.exe restarted, or if you rebooted your PC.
- Based on user feedback, the company has decided to remove the downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. Also Microsoft says If you liked having this option, it’s still available via Storage Settings.
- Fixed an issue resulting in a lag processing input when running a video fullscreen.
- Older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. Microsoft working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix.
- You may experience a problem with Sandbox and WDAG.
- Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:)
- After successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install.
- Certain fingerprint readers are no longer working as of Build 19013.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19023 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 build 19023
If you are a Windows Insider in the Skip Ahead ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 19023 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
If you are looking for Download Windows 10 build 19023 ISO, you can get it from here.
As usual, these are testing builds, contains various bugs, we didn’t recommend to install windows 10 preview builds on the production machine. If you love testing and early access to Windows 10 new features we recommend installing Windows 10 build 19023 on virtual machine or HyperV. Also, read: