Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 preview build codenamed 20H1 to Insiders who have opted into Skip Ahead. This is the sixth Windows 10 20H1 update bumps build 18860.1001 (rs_prerelease). it’s a small update available to Windows Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring only brings the SwiftKey typing technology to 39 more languages and sew of bug fixes for Microsoft Edge, Settings app, night light, battery drain, virtual machines, and Wi-Fi. Also, there are still some known issues as well, games with anti-cheat software still cause a fatal crash, Creative X-Fi sound cards, and Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
Note: Windows 10 is being developed as a service, which means it regularly receives new features. Microsoft has launched six major updates so far: November Update, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, April 2018 Update, and October 2018 Update. and the seventh update is under development in the 19H1 branch which expected release on upcoming April as windows 10 April 2019 update version 1903 You can read upcoming Windows 1903 features from here.
What’s new Windows 10 build 18860
The latest Windows 10 build 18860 Microsoft has expanded support in Swiftkey for the 39 languages listed below.
Afrikaans (South Africa), Albanian (Albania), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Armenian (Armenia), Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan), Basque (Spain), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Catalan (Spain), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech Republic), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Estonian (Estonia), Finnish (Finland), Galician (Spain), Georgian (Georgia), Greek (Greece), Hausa (Nigeria), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Latvian (Latvia), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Macedonian (Macedonia), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmal, Norway), Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Romanian (Romania), Serbian (Serbia), Serbian (Serbia), Slovak (Slovakia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Uzbek (Uzbek)
Some other bug fixes include
- Fixed issue, Microsoft Edge crashes when interacting with combo boxes in PDF forms.
- An issue that could result in night light being on after an upgrade, slider to adjust the night light strength getting stuck on, night light was skipping the fade transition when it was turned off now fixed.
- Fixed an issue resulting in increased battery drain while the screen was on in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the “…” menu contents being clipped for certain apps like Voice Recorder and Alarms and Clock when the app was full screen.
- some Insiders experiencing bugcheck green screens citing a KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION error, now fixed.
- An issue preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds – the VM would hang on the black screen with the Windows logo, now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking a Wi-Fi entry in the taskbar network list when using light theme would bring up a dark theme’d context menu.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for some Insiders when clicking the Apps section.
Of course, there is sew of known issue on this build, Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18860 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 build 18860
If you are a Windows Insider in the Skip Ahead ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 18860 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
As usual, these are testing builds, contains various bugs, we didn’t recommend to install windows 10 preview builds on the production machine. If you love testing and early access to Windows 10 new features we recommend installing Windows 10 build 18860 on virtual machine or HyperV. Also, read: