Microsoft’s latest feature update Windows 10 version 21H1 is on the way and often end up being called the April or May update. Usually company release windows 10 future update in the spring with lots of changes and its a big update, and a smaller update release on fall but it seems the upcoming version 20H1 be more minor update rather than overhaul. If you’re running Windows 7, you can still download Windows 10 free to get the latest updates. windows 10 version 21h1 release date not revolved yet, but we can expect it Patch Tuesday of the month May 2021.
Talking about windows 10 21H1 update features, Like the October 2020 Update (20H2), this new update also comes with a minimal set of features, general improvements, and bug fixes.
Windows 10 version 21h1 release date
While nothing has been confirmed so far, According to sources the latest windows 10 version 20H1 will arrive in the second week of the Month of May 2021, though Microsoft didn’t confirm this. This update will be delivered using Microsoft’s servicing technology, it means the 20H1 update arrives the same way that monthly Windows 10 updates It’s the second Tuesday of May 2021 or we can expect 11/05/2021 is the release date for windows 10 version 20H1.
Microsoft says version 21H1 consists of “a scoped set of features and will be delivered with servicing technology like that used for the monthly update process and how 20H2 was delivered.”
Note: Recently (14/04/2021) Microsoft announced that they had moved the Windows 10 21H1 feature update to the ‘Release’ channel, which indicates that they are very close to releasing it.
Windows 10 21h1 download
Windows 10 21H1 is the next feature update to be released and delivered as an enablement package that enables dormant features already installed on Windows 10 2004 and Windows 20 20H2.
If you have a device already running either Windows 10 version 2004 or version 20H2, you’ll be able to download version 21H1 by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and clicking Check for Updates. If available, you’ll see Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1. Click Download and install.
For devices already running version 2004 or 20H2 the windows 10 version 20H1 is will be delivered as a tiny update called an enablement package. It will take only take two or three minutes to install, just long enough to increment the major build number from 19041 (version 2004) or 19042 (version 20H2) to 19043.
For devices running Windows 10 version 1909 or earlier, can expect much longer installation time that comes with a full feature update.
Note: Windows 10 version 20H1 available as an optional update and you are free to install that update when it appears in Windows Update, or you can ignore it and go about your business.
Windows 10 21h1 Features
According to the Microsoft preview build released so far, the latest windows 10 version 20H1 includes new icons, updated settings pages and some tweaks to Cortana and the search box experience. With this build, old Microsoft Edge is no longer present, as the new Microsoft Edge is now being preinstalled and set as default.
Multicamera support for Windows Hello, allowing users to choose an external camera when using high-end displays with integrated cameras.
Improvements to Windows Defender Application Guard, including optimizing document opening scenario times.
Improvements to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) updating, to support remote work.
- In addition, Microsoft documentation reveals that the latest Windows 10 21H1 update will enable TLS 1.3 protocols.
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) updating performance improvement to support remote work scenarios.
- In addition, this build fixes an issue with zoom that occurs when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on devices that use multiple high-DPI monitors.
- Fixes bug that makes high dynamic range (HDR) screens appear much darker than expected.
- causes video playback to be out of sync in duplicate mode when you use multiple monitors.
- Fixes bug that causing device to stop responding during the hybrid shutdown, Remote Desktop sessions to end unexpectedly, device to stop working if you delete files or folders that OneDrive syncs.
- Fixed an issue that prevents Server Message Block 1 (SMB1) clients from accessing the SMB share after restarting the LanmanServer service.
Note: we update this post once Microsoft officially releases Windows 10 version 20H1 update for everyone.
- Remote desktop not working after windows 10 update? Try these 5 Solutions
- What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit processors or OS
- Windows 10 Computer restarts when playing Games [solved]
- Solved: Printer not working after windows 10 update “Printer Driver Is Unavailable”
- How To Remove Shortcut Virus Without Formatting or Any Data Loss