Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows 10 is genuine and that you have a valid license copy. When you buy a new laptop you might get Windows 10 pre-installed and activated on your device. And sometimes you need manually enter the product key under Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation to activate your copy of Windows 10. Well, sometimes you might experience windows 10 not activated after upgrade the latest version 21H2.
We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or product key.
A few numbers of users report Windows not activated message with a 0x803F7001 error in the Settings application. Hence Windows 10 is already activated before apply the latest windows update. Here in this post we have listed a few working solutions that help fix the windows 10 activation problem & error 0x803f7001 and re-active the copy.
Windows 10 Activation error
If the problem started since installing the latest windows update or Windows 10 21H2 upgrade there are chances a bug causing the problem. Microsoft regularly releases the latest Windows update with various bug fixes and security improvements. Install and apply the latest update may have the bug fix for this problem.
- Open settings using windows key + I,
- Click Update & security then windows update
- Now click the Check for updates button to allow download the windows updates from Microsoft server and install them.
- Once done your need to restart your PC to apply them.
Run Windows Activation troubleshooter
If you have made a significant hardware change such as replacing your motherboard or HDD you might experience Windows 10 not activated with error message no product key was found on your device. 0xC004F213
Again if you are getting “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” warning or error code 0x803f7001, 0x800704cF, 0xC004C003 running windows activation troubleshooter fix all these problems.
- Click on the start menu select settings,
- Click Update & security then activation.
- Here you will get the troubleshoot link (click it) and follow on screen instructions
If everything works correctly, Windows should find your digital license and reactivate it.
Important: The Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter link will only appear If your Windows 10 installation is not Activated.
Reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change
Well if you are planning to make a significant change such as replacing the motherboard, hard drive Windows 10 may fail to recognize the license and you get activation error 0xC004F211. To avoid this problem here follow the workaround.
First Link Windows 10 license with Microsoft account
- Open settings using windows key + I
- Click Update & security then Activation
- If your account is already linked, you’ll see “Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account” under Windows on the right.
- Otherwise, click Add an account, use Microsoft account name and password to log in and check if you see the screen as the image below.
- Now you are ready to go.
- Once you have done the changes follow the steps below to re-active windows 10 after a hardware change.
- Open settings, followed by update & security then Activation,
- Now click on the troubleshoot link
- Next, click the I changed hardware on this device recently option.
- Confirm your Microsoft account credentials
- Select the device that you’re trying to reactivate.
- Check the This is the device I’m using right now option.
- Click the Activate button.
If you’re still unable to reactivate your version of Windows, contact Microsoft. Explain that you upgraded the hardware on your computer, but the Windows license is not reactivating when you use Activation Troubleshooter. A Microsoft support representative will be happy to help you out.
- Solved: Modern Setup Host high CPU usage in Windows 10
- How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7
- The Screen goes black when playing games on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- How to Transfer Windows 10 OS from HDD to SDD without Data Loss (Updated)
- Does Windows 10 Printer keep going offline? Let’s make it online