Windows 10 laptop Stuck at Black screen with cursor after login to the user account? Or having a black screen problem after Windows 10 1903 update? On Windows 10, a black screen can happen for a number of reasons. And the most common one is the problem with Graphics driver, it’s incompatible with current windows version or corrupted. Again the new fast startup feature on Windows 10 and more. If you also notice windows 10 Stuck on the black screen with cursor for a long time, the following Steps may help you to fix the issue.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 Black Screen problems
Problem: Trying to login to Windows computer but every time enter the password a black screen with only a cursor appears. hence unable to access anything on my computer besides task manager.
If you’re using a desktop PC, check to see if your display (monitor) is plugged in and turned on.
Sometimes a change in the driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output. Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC.
- On the blank screen with cursor, Click ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ keyboard shortcut
- It will bring you the option for “Task Manager” along with other options
- Click on Task manager ‘File ‘–>New Task (run)
- Type at Run services.msc and click ok, it will open windows services.
- look for the service name ‘AppReadiness‘ Right click and select ‘Properties’
- Change the Startup type ‘Disabled’ and Set the Service Status to Stopped.
Note: Stopping this service will not affect your data. Now check if the problem solved.
Again Sometimes, your PC’s external devices can be the cause of problems.
- Try unplugging all your devices, and then plugging them in one at a time.
- If the black screen has disappeared, plug the devices again at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue. Install updated drivers for the hardware with Driver.
If you are using a laptop, unplug your Power and take out of the battery. Then hold the power button on and wait for a little while. Put the battery back in the Laptop, And Turn on.
If you have installed a Graphics Card on your system Then just remove it and Try to start the pc if pc running without any issue download and install the proper updated driver for the graphics card and install it again. Hope This can helpful.
If the problem continues, then start windows in Safe Mode, to perform feature troubleshooting steps.
Update / Reinstall display Driver
As discussed before display driver probably cause the Black screen problem. Once your PC is in Safe Mode, follow steps below to update or reinstall the display (graphics) driver first.
Update display driver
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- this will open the Device manager, and display all installed driver list,
- Select the arrow to expand Display adapters.
- Right click on the installed driver and select update driver software.
Select Search Automatically for updated driver software and follow on screen instructions to let windows download and install if new driver update is available there.
Reinstall Display driver
If no new driver update available then you can try to reinstall the current display (graphics) driver following steps below.
- Again open device manager, and Expend display driver
- Now right click on installed display driver and select uninstall driver,
- Click ok when ask for confirmation and restart windows,
On next start windows automatically install the build in display driver and probably fix the Black screen problem.
Disable Fast Startup
- Open Control panel,
- Search for and select Power Options,
- Click on “Choose what the power button does” (located in the left pane).
- Next Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Here Uncheck the checkbox “Turn on fast startup”.
- Click on save to make save changes.
Did these solutions help to fix black screen problem on Windows 10 computers? Let us know on comments below, also read: