Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17650 (RS5) to Windows Insiders who opted in to Skip Ahead. It contains a couple of new features for Windows Defender Security Center. But build 17650 comes with a long list of fixes and improvements for bugs which have been reported by Windows Insiders after the previous Insider Build. Microsoft has made sure to fix lot of issues in the latest Insider Build for Windows 10 Skip Ahead Insiders.
Post Contents :-
New features for Windows Defender Security Center (Build 17650)
WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTER GETS A FLUENT DESIGN REFRESH
Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) now gets a Fluent Design refresh in the latest preview build. The company has also adjusted the spacing and padding around the application.
The size of the categories on the main page has also received improvements with more room provided for extra info. The title bar of the application has also been modified so that the app uses the accent color. This needs to be enabled in Color Settings – with Sets enable, the color can be seen in the WDSC tab.
WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL NOW SUPPORTS WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM FOR LINUX (WSL) PROCESSES
With the latest build, 17650 Windows Defender Firewall is it now supports Windows Subsystem for Linux processes. You will now be able to add specific rules for a WSL process in Windows Defender Firewall.
Support for notifications for the Windows Subsystem has also been added to the processes. Apart from this, there has been no new feature which has been added in the latest Windows 10 Build 17650.
Issues Fixed Build 17650
The company fixed issue with the File Explorer which would open with the ribbon minimized. This issue has now been fixed and the File Explorer will now remember from where you left. The company also fixed issue with the elements on the main page of Windows Defender Security Center app.
Nondefault languages which unexpectedly had the option remove in Settings was greyed out. This issue has now been fixed by the company in the latest Insider build. An issue with the Color Filters and High Contrast icons were switched in Settings has also been fixed by the Windows development team.
Crashing of Settings when clicking on links has now been fixed and Setting section does not crash when clicking links in Settings anymore. Navigation to apps resulted in the Settings being crashed, this issue has also been fixed by the Windows development team.
Along with the above fixes, there are also some known issues in the latest Windows 10 Build 17650. Here the complete list of Changes, improvements fixes and know issues
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft fixed an issue where File Explorer would always open with the ribbon minimized, rather than remembering how you’d left it.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where elements on the main page of the Windows Defender Security Center app would slightly change size on mouse hover.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where non-default languages might unexpectedly have the option to remove in Settings greyed out.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where the Color Filters and High Contrast icons were switched in Settings.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where clicking links in Settings that launched other apps would result in Settings crashing and nothing else happening.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in some people experiencing a Settings crash when navigating to Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by App.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.
- Tiling and cascading windows, including features like “View Side by Side” in Word, will not work for inactive tabs.
- The Office Visual Basic Editor window will currently be tabbed but is not intended to be in the future.
- Opening an Office document while the same app has an existing document open may cause an unintended switch to the last active document. This will also happen when closing a sheet in Excel while other sheets remain open.
- Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files will not be automatically restored and no error message will be provided to alert the user to that fact.
- Sets UX for Office Win32 desktop apps is not final. The experience will be refined over time based on feedback.
- The top of some Win32 desktop app windows may appear slightly underneath the tab bar when created maximized. To work around the issue, restore and re-maximize the window.
- Closing one tab may sometimes minimize the entire set.
- We’re aware of an issue that causes Narrator to read extra text when invoking Alt + Tab, and Microsoft is working on a fix.
- Using arrow and Page Up / Page Down keys doesn’t work to scroll web pages in Microsoft Edge. You’ll need to use another input method (mouse, touch, or touchpad).
- If you complete the setup for a Windows Mixed Reality headset on this build, the headset will remain black until it is unplugged and reconnected to the PC.
As reported above the latest Windows 10 Preview Build 17650 is available for Insiders who have enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. You can download the latest build by going to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Check for Update.You can download the ISO images by clicking on the below link. Download ISO x86/x64.
Source windows Blog