Microsoft has just released the Windows 10 Insider build 17692 for Fast and Skip Ahead Insiders, With Very interesting features such as “Microsoft’s Swiftkey keyboard, which was previously an iOS and Android exclusive is now available on Windows 10 PCs with shape writing support.” Edge getting autoplay video controls, search improvements, and more
Post Contents :-
- 1 Windows 10 (RS5) Build 17692 features
- 2 General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- 3 How To Get Windows 10 Insider preview Build 17692
Windows 10 (RS5) Build 17692 features
Here the brief of Windows 10 (RS5) Build 17692 feature and changelog details. you can read the entire feature and improvement details from Microsoft blog post.
Microsoft’s Swiftkey keyboard
“SwiftKey gives you more accurate auto corrections and predictions by learning your writing style – including the words, phrases and emoji that matter to you,” the blog post reads. Going forward, the intelligent keyboard will be the default when using the touch keyboard to write in English (US and UK), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), or Russian.
Microsoft Edge improvements
On Edge browser, Microsoft has added video autoplay controls whether videos are auto played on sites that you visit. Microsoft has added an early preview of this feature under “Advanced Settings” -> “Allow sites to automatically play media.”
For those who wish to test Edge using WebDriver, in this build WebDriver is added as an optional feature. This allows you to install the correct version of WebDriver on the version of Windows that you are using.
Ease of Access Improvements
With latest preview build Microsoft added A new Ease of Access setting that allows you to make the text larger throughout Windows 10. This includes on the Start Menu, File Explorer, Win32 apps, and even UWP apps. You Can Access this from Settings > Ease of Access > Display and you will see a “Make everything bigger” slider that you can use to make the text smaller and larger.
Based on your feedback you’ll find we’ve made a bunch of updates to Narrator with today’s build:
- Narrator Standard Keyboard Layout: Narrator now ships with a new keyboard layout that is designed to be more familiar to screen reader users. Please refer to the accompanying documentation for details on these changes (Intro to New Narrator Keyboard Layout doc).
- Automatic Dialog Reading: Narrator will now automatically read the contents of a dialog box when brought to the foreground. The experience is for Narrator to speak the title of the dialog, the focused element within the dialog and the static text, if any, at the top of the dialog. For example, if you try to close a document in Word with unsaved changes, Narrator will speak the title “Microsoft Word,” the focus “Save button” and the static text within the dialog.
- Narrator Find: You now have the ability to search for text using Narrator’s new Find feature. If the text is found Narrator will move to the found item. Please refer to the accompanying keyboard layout documentation for command mapping.
- List of Objects: Narrator now has the ability to present a list of links, headings or landmarks present in the application or content. You are also able to filter the results by typing in the list or the text field of the window. Please refer to the accompanying keyboard layout documentation for command mapping.
- Selection in Scan Mode: Along with being able to select content in Narrator’s scan mode using Shift-selection commands, you can now also select a block of data by first moving to one end of the block and pressing F9, moving to the other end of the block and pressing F10. Once F10 is pressed the entire contents between the two points will be selected.
- Stop on Controls in Scan Mode: Scan mode is a feature of Narrator that lets you use just a few keys to move around your screen. Scan mode is already on by default in Edge and you can toggle it on and off by pressing Caps lock + Spacebar. While you’re in scan mode, you can press the Up and Down arrow keys to read different parts of the page. With this update, the press of a Down arrow in Scan Mode will stop on interactive elements, so that they are easier to use. An example of this new behavior is that if you are reading a paragraph with multiple links, Narrator will stop on these links when you press the Down arrow.
We would love to hear what you think as you try out these improvements. This link will take you to the Narrator section of the Feedback Hub, or you can press Caps + E while Narrator is running.
Game bar Improvements
We’re now rolling out more functionality to the RS5 Game bar. In this flight are the following new features:
- Audio controls. Change your default audio output device and mute or adjust the volume of games and apps running.
- Performance visualizations. See your game’s framerate (FPS), CPU usage, GPU VRAM usage, and system RAM usage.
Game Mode Improvements
New options are now available for Game Mode that are expected to improve the gaming experience on desktop PCs. Gamers on PCs with many background processes may also see performance improvements when they toggle “Dedicate resources” in Game bar.
Find software downloads faster in Search
With Windows 10 build 17692 Search has been improved so that you can easily download programs from the Internet directly from within the Start Menu. This feature is a server-side change, so users of other insider builds may see this as well.
Windows Mixed Reality Improvements
Starting with this build 17692 you can stream audio to both your mixed reality headset and to your computer’s speakers at the same time. To enable this feature, shut down all Mixed Reality apps, including the Mixed Reality Portal, and go to Settings > Mixed reality > Audio and speech and enable “When Mixed Reality Portal is running, mirror headset audio to desktop.”
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in audio glitching on systems with lots of firewall rules.
- We fixed an issue from the last few flights where Eye Control would fail fast and not start.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain games, such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, to crash on launch in the last two builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing when attempting to open Data Usage Settings in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected “codecpacks.vp9” entry in the Start menu.
- We fixed a recent issue for some Insiders resulting in an explorer.exe crash with AppXDeploymentClient.dll.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders recently experiencing a bug check (green screen) with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in afd.sys.
- With Build 17672 we made a fix for an explorer.exe crash in structuredquery.dll – that fix stopped anyone new from encountering the crash, however we heard your reports that anyone already impacted was still impacted. Today’s build has a fix for this issue that should resolve it for anyone who was already impacted.
- To improve discoverability, we’ve moved Delivery Optimization Settings to now be directly listed as a category under Settings > Update & Security.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge impacting websites like Facebook.com, where when starting a message only the first contact name entered was automatically resolved while typing.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where if both images and text were selected, right-clicking on the image and selecting copy wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Security app crashing recently when adding a process to the exclusion list.
How To Get Windows 10 Insider preview Build 17692
Users running Windows 10 (Redstone 5) Insider preview build will get the updated to build 17692 automatically via windows update. Or you can check and install updates manually from settings -> update & security -> windows update -> check for update.
If you Are not inside preview users and looking To install Windows 10 preview versions : Open Settings -> update & Security -> Windows Insider Program -> start . You will see the message Loading – please wait. You will see the message You will install non-definitive software and services, which may not be fully tested. Read the information carefully and click on Next.
You will see the message before confirming. Read the information carefully and click Confirm. Now, the message more step … . Read the information carefully and click Restart now. The PC / tablet will be restarted. Once the reboot is complete, go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Insider Program and make sure you are logged into the Insider program.
You Can Read Windows 10 Redstone 5 Previous build history with Feature details from here.