Windows 10 build 17738 (Redstone 5) Released for the insiders in the Fast Ring
Along with part of (August 2018) Patch Tuesday Cumulative Update for Supported Devices Microsoft Today Started Rollout Windows 10 build 17738 to PCs enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. As Microsoft is getting close to finishing Redstone 5 develop branch for public rollout as next windows 10 feature update expected on OCT 2018. The company now start to release Windows 10 Insider Preview builds that do not contain any new features but mainly focuses on bug fixes and minor improvements.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 build 17738 Changelog
According to Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17738, addresses several issues with Microsoft Edge, Start menu, Hibernation, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Notepad, and Microsoft Store.
Also, company fix a major problem such as “A bug didn’t allow Microsoft Edge browser to download larger than 4GB Data where download just stop” Here the complete list of Windows 10 build 17738 improvements, and fixes
Fixed issues in the Windows 10 17738
- Fixed a problem where under Windows 10 in S-mode the launch of Office in the store failed with a bug over a .dll that was not designed for Windows.
- We have resolved an issue where the download of a large file in Microsoft Edge stopped at the 4GB mark.
- We have resolved an issue where clicking the “more” button in the Microsoft Edge inline definition when reading the last builds opened a blank window.
- We have resolved an issue where items in the Preferences and More menu of Microsoft Edge were truncated when the option to increase the size of text in the Preferences was turned on.
- We have resolved an issue where Search on Page in Microsoft Edge did not highlight / select the current instance of the result.
- Fixed an issue where favorites stored after resetting Microsoft Edge got stuck and showed a star next to the favorite name instead of filling the favicon of the site (if any).
- We have resolved an issue where text copied from certain Web sites in Microsoft Edge could not be pasted into other UWP applications.
- We have resolved a problem that caused all unsent texts to disappear after completing an emoji composition (eg, turned into a smiley).
- We fixed a problem on the last flights where hiberfil.sys unexpectedly reappeared after the upgrade, even though it was disabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue that has severely impacted the boot performance and reliability of recent builds.
- We’ve made some adjustments to improve the time it takes to render the Task Manager window on startup.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the left side of the My Library section in the Microsoft Store to become unexpectedly blurry until it was overridden with the mouse.
- We have resolved a recent issue that caused the time to open large files in Notepad to increase when word wrap was enabled.
- We have resolved an issue where after setting and removing a pin, the option to set a pin from the lock screen could become stuck as the default login method instead of the login screen remembering your preferred login method.
- We have resolved an issue that caused WSL tar and curl commands to fail on x86 devices.
- We fixed a problem that caused text prediction and shapewriting to not work when typing in Russian using the touch keyboard.
- We have fixed a problem with the commands for the Shift + Selection speech output scan mode, so that the text is now correctly selected in Microsoft Edge.
Known problems in the 17738
- Your PC will perform a greenscreen (GSOD) check when deleting a local folder synchronized with OneDrive.
- If you upgrade to this build, you will notice that the taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc.) no longer have an acrylic background.
- If you use the Enlarge text setting, you may see problems cropping text or notice that the text is not getting bigger everywhere.
- Speech output sometimes does not appear in the Settings application when you navigate with the arrow keys and the Tab key. Try temporarily switching to the voice output scan mode. And if you switch off the scan mode again, the speech output is now displayed when you use the tab key and the arrow keys to navigate. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this problem.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset with motion controllers for the first time, the controllers may need to be repaired a second time before they appear in the headset.
- We are investigating a problem where IMEs are unable to enter East Asian characters into certain text boxes when using Microsoft Edge.
Download Windows 10 build 17738
The Windows 10 build 17738 update is available immediately through the Fast ring for PCs. And preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and click the Check for updates button.
Note: Windows rs5 Build are developing builds where Microsoft test new features and apply bug fixes before public rollout as windows 10 Features update. And now Microsoft almost completed development process on rs5 develop branch, where company focused on improvements and bug fix to public rollout expected on September/OCT 2018 as windows 10 version 1809. You can read Redstone 5 Feature and Improvements history from here.
Also Microsoft started enrollment for 19H1 skip ahead development branch (Redstone 6), you can join skip ahead branch to try windows 10 Development features.