Microsoft Today released another Windows 10 October 2018 update preview build 17758.1 (rs5_release) to fast ring insiders that bring minor improvements to the Storage Sense available from build 17720 and later. And address some issues with the Settings app, Narrator, and nearby sharing not working in certain languages.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 17758?
With latest Redstone 5 build 17758, Storage Sense now has the capability to automatically free up disk space by making older, unused, locally available files be available online-only with the help of a process called “dehydration”, meaning your local files will now be saved in the OneDrive cloud and can be accessed when connected to the internet.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- A Bug resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese) has been fixed this build.
- Also fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- Fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing recently when clicking on the “Import photos and videos” option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- [UPDATED] We fixed several bugs causing text clipping issues when you use “Make text bigger” setting in Ease of Access.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17758 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 Build 17758.1
The latest RS5 build 17758 immediately available through Windows update for Devices enrolled for Fast ring Insider. And the preview build will download and install automatically on your device. Also, you can manually check and install the latest Preview build from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and click the Check for updates button.
Note: The build is a preview build of the next big update “Redstone 5” scheduled to be finalized in September and it would begin rolling out to the general public in the first or second week of October 2018.