After Re-releasing Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public, Microsoft today (14/11/2018) released new Windows 10 Build 18282.1000(rs_prerelease) to Insiders in the fast ring with several improvements and bug fixes. Such as the latest Windows 10 19H1 Build introduces a new true light theme for the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center, Windows snip & Sketch app has the ability to take screenshots, printing experience also gets a light theme and few refinements and tweaks for Start menu, Action Center, Windows Update, Narrator, and more.
Post Contents :-
What’s new Windows 10 Build 18282?
Here are the most significant changes and improvements rolling out to Insiders with the latest 19H1 Preview build.:
New Light Theme (Useful for Dark theme haters!)
After hearing several user feedback, Microsoft finally introduced the ability to choose between light and dark in Windows 10 19H1 Preview build 18282. The new color scheme is available in Settings > Personalization > Colors and selecting the Light option under “Choose your color” drop-down menu.
Enabling light theme option changes the look and feel of the desktop, taskbar, Action Center and even Taskbar. If you choose the Light mode in the Settings app, all system UI elements will look lighter.
Modern printing experience
With the latest 19H1 preview build 18282 the modern print dialog now supports light theme! In addition, there are few other tweaks, such as icons for printing options to make them easier to identify. Some of the drop-down menu settings now include a line of description. And if you have a long printer name, it will now wrap rather than being cut off.
“We have updated a number of the printing options to now include icons to help you easily and quickly identify the one you’re looking for. We’ve also added a line of description to some of the dropdown settings. This can be seen in the Pages example below, and in other settings, if you click More Settings at the bottom of the print dialog” Microsoft states on their official blog.
Improvements on Windows Update experience
Based on user feedback, Microsoft making the Pause Updates feature easier to find by surfacing the existing option directly on the ‘Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update’ page. Also with the latest build 18282 Windows can now automatically adjust active hours based on device activity. To turn the setting, go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Change active hours.
Display brightness behavior Changes
Microsoft also modifying the display brightness behavior to prevent the display becoming brighter when moving from a battery charger to battery power.
If a person adjusts their display brightness, that brightness will now be remembered as their preferred brightness whether they are on battery or connected to a charger. This new behavior results in a more consistent and battery friendly experience. This does not affect battery saver mode settings; if a person has opted into lowering the screen brightness in battery saver mode, their display will still dim when the battery is below the threshold selected.
Some other changes include
When you hover over the navigation pane in the Start menu, after a short period it will now automatically expand.
Action Center now introduces a shadow to match the shadow seen along the borders of other taskbar flyouts.
Narrator will no longer read Tooltips by default. However, if you need this feature, you’ll need to use the Narrator + 0 shortcut.
Finally, with latest preview build you can try the new window snip feature, that can be accessed with (WIN + Shift + S, Print Screen) keyboard combination or you can also use Snip & Sketch app to snip the screen.
In addition to the new features above here is a list of the other improvements and fixes in today’s build:
As usual, this new build also brings a list of bug fixes and known issues,
- We fixed an issue causing File Explorer to freeze when interacting with video files in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain x86 apps and games having blurry text rendering in the last few flights, where the text appeared to have a shadow.
- If you were seeing certain games launch to launch with an error citing unexpected kernel modification detected, please the games for available updates and let us know if you encounter further issues.
- When you hover over the navigation pane in Start, after a short period it will now automatically expand. This is something that a portion of Insiders have had for a little bit now, and after finding positive results we’re now rolling it out to all Insiders.
- We’re adding a shadow to Action Center, to match the shadow seen along the borders of our other taskbar flyouts.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users not being able to set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or via Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the context menu not coming up when right-clicking an open app in Task View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the touch keyboard not working correctly when trying to type Chinese with the Bopomofo IME.
- We made some improvements in the Narrator and Chrome browser experience.
- Narrator Scan Mode will more reliability toggle off when a user reaches the Word Online canvas, making it easier to type.
- We fixed a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC was set up to dual boot in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check / green screen on resume from hibernate.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Network button on the sign-in screen not working recently.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not display correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password or PIN, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
- Due to a merge conflict, the settings for enabling/disabling Dynamic Lock are missing from Sign-in Settings. We’re working on a fix, appreciate your patience.
- Settings crashes when clicking on the “View storage usage on other drives” option under System > Storage.
- Remote Desktop will only show a black screen for some users.
Download Windows 10 Build 18282
The latest Windows 10 19H1 preview build automatically download and installed on all Devices enrolled for fast ring and connected to Microsoft server. Always you can force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and click the Check for updates button.
Note: Preview builds are unstable and contain several bugs. We didn’t recommend to install them on the production machine. If you like to play with new features we recommend install the Windows 10 preview builds on virtual machines.
Recommend to Read: Microsft finally fixed the October 2018 Data deletion bug and Re-released the Windows 10 1809 for everyone, Here how to get windows 10 October 2018 Update early now.