Today (27.11.2018) Not the patch Tuesday but Microsoft released several cumulative updates KB4467682/KB4467681/KB4467699/KB4467684 to Windows 10 1803 (the April 2018 Update); Windows 10 1709 (the Fall Creators Update); Windows 10 1703 (the Creators Update); and Windows 10 1607 (the Anniversary Update). That brings various bug fixes and patches for each of the associated KBs is listed on the Windows 10 Update history support page.
Post Contents :-
iCloud Compatibility Issues Resolved
Also, Today company announced, iCloud Bug Compatibility issue with Windows 10 1809 not fixed. The fix-log reads: “Apple has released an updated version of iCloud for Windows (version 7.8.1) that resolves compatibility issues encountered when updating or syncing Shared Albums after updating to Windows 10, version 1809“. Microsoft suggests that users should update “iCloud for Windows to version 7.8.1 when prompted before attempting to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1809”, to ensure that the compatibility issues are fixed.
Cumulative Update KB4467682
Devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, receive Cumulative Update KB4467682 via windows update. According to company Installing Update KB4467682 Bumps OS to Windows 10 Build 17134.441 that address problems setting apps as default and a slew of other issues such as keyboard stops responding, missing URL shortcuts from the Start menu, removing apps from the Start menu, problems with the File Explorer, third-party antivirus errors, networking, blue screen bug etc.
Download Windows 10 Build 17134.441
Devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, And connected to Microsoft server Automatically download and install the Cumulative update KB4467682 via windows update. If you still have not received you can force Windows update to install KB4467682 Form Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Update and check for updates. Always you can download the standalone package of Update KB4467682 from Microsoft catalog blog here.
Note: you can Download Windows 10 Latest ISO from here.
What’s New Windows 10 Build 17134.441?
The latest Cumulative update KB4467682 for windows 10 version 1803 comes with a long list of fixes and it has also addressed a bug where in some cases the file association feature failed to change the default app settings for some Win32 apps including Notepad. This has been finally addressed in today’s update, Here Microsoft explained
“Addresses an issue that prevents some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps,”
Some other Bug fixes that include:
Addresses an issue that prevents some users from connecting to some older devices, such as printers, over Wi-Fi because of the introduction of multicast DNS (mDNS). If you did not experience device connectivity issues and prefer the new mDNS functionality, you can enable mDNS by creating the following registry key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient\ mDNSEnabled (DWORD) = 1”.
An issue that prevents users from opening presentation (.pptx) files exported from a Google presentation, third-party antivirus software may receive an “ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES” error, excessive memory usage when using smart cards Now fixed.
Addressed a bug causing audio service to stop working or become unresponsive while using call control, controlling volume, and streaming music to Bluetooth audio devices. Error messages that appear include:
- Exception error 0x8000000e in btagservice.dll.
- Exception error 0xc0000005 or 0xc0000409 in bthavctpsvc.dll.
- Stop 0xD1 BSOD error in btha2dp.sys.
- Addresses an issue that causes the system to stop working with the error code, “0x120_fvevol!FveEowFinalSweepConvertSpecialRangesChunk”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Application Guard from browsing the internet if the proxy auto-config (PAC) file on a device uses IP literals to specify a web proxy.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a Wi-Fi client from connecting to Miracast® devices when the allowed service set identifier (SSID) is specified in Wireless Network Policies.
- Addresses an issue that causes Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) profiling to fail when using custom profiling frequencies.
- Addresses a power state transition issue that causes the system to become unresponsive when connecting to eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) devices.
- Addresses an issue that may lead to a blue screen on the system when running disk benchmark software.
- Addresses an issue that causes the RemoteApp window to always be active and in the foreground after closing a window.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft also mentions there are still two known bugs, and the company is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. These issues include
After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files.
After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception. (Refer this 4470809 SqlConnection instantiation exception on .NET 4.6 and later after August-September 2018 .NET Framework updates.)
Also, Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4467681/KB4467699/KB4467684 for Windows 10 version 1709, 1703 and 1607 check the changelog here.