After a long wait Microsoft Finally Today (13/11/2018) Re-released the Windows 10 1809 (aka October 2018 Update) to users after the initial rollout process was paused due to a number of data loss problems that affected a small set of users. The company stated on their support site:
“On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically,”
Cumulative update KB4467708
And Today is the Second Tuesday of the month, Where Microsoft release Security updates to all supported devices. And Windows 10 October 2018 update also Receive cumulative update KB4467708 That bumps the OS To Windows 10 Build 17763.134 and addresses a number of other problems along with bringing security fixes.
Note: This security update is available for users who successfully Upgrade to Windows 10 aka 1809 before Microsoft pause the update due to data deletion bug.
Also There is two known issue where After installing this update, some users cannot set Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps. and In some cases, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32 programs cannot be set as the default.
Here is the complete changelog of KB4467708 (Build 17763.134)
- Provides protections against an additional subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) for AMD-based computers. These protections aren’t enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use these guidance documents to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). Additionally, use the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- Addresses an issue that prevents users from signing in to a Microsoft account (MSA) as a different user if signing in a second time.
- Addresses an issue that denies file system access to Internet of Things (IoT) Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps that require this capability.
- Addresses an issue that causes the on-screen keyboard to appear when running automated tests or when you install a physical keyboard.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Windows Scripting, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, and Windows Wireless Networking.
Download Windows 10 Build 17763.134
As today Microsoft Re-released the Aka 1809 Update and the rollout process begin in stages. So you will Automatically get notified on your machine to install October 2018 Update. Also, you can check Here how to manually install Windows 10, 1809 by forcing Windows update, Upgrade Assistant, Media creation tool from here.
And for users who able to successfully upgrade their PC to October 2018 Update Microsoft pulls off the feature update. Automatically receive the cumulative update KB4467708 via windows update. Or you can force the Windows Update to install the cumulative update KB4467708 From Settings, Update & Security From Windows update select check for updates.
Also, you can Download the cumulative update KB4467708 Offline package from Microsoft catalog blog or use links below.
Note: If you face difficulty while installing These updates, Check our Ultimate Windows Update Troubleshooting Guide.