Getting error “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 – Error 0x800f081f” for every update. Even with the previous cumulative updates? You’re definitely not the only person to experience this problem, a number of Windows 10 users have recently reported the very same issue ” while updating Windows 10 version 21H2 and it’s showing to restart your laptop and then I restarted again showing to restart your laptop as to earlier “. For some others Feature Update to Windows 10, version 21H2 Fails with Error Code 0x800f081f or 0xc1900223.
There is a various reason that causes Windows 10 update installation problem, some common reason are the downloaded update file is corrupted or because of a non-compliant device driver or software. Whatever the reason, here are the post-step-by-step instructions to resolve the Windows 10 update error “0x8007000E”, Windows update installation failed. We can’t finish the update etc.
Windows 10 feature update fails to install
- Check and make sure to have a working internet connection to download windows update files from the Microsoft server.
- Temporarily disable security software (Antivirus) and Disconnect from VPN (if configured)
- Disconnect all external devices such as SD card, printers, scanners, etc.
- Open Time & language from the settings app make sure the date and time zone are correct.
- Open Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Advanced options, and then uncheck the Defer feature updates option.
Here is a quick solution that works for most users:
- Open Start Menu or Search, and type ‘cmd’ to open Command Prompt.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, copy and paste the following command:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- Wait for a few minutes and restart the system
- Check for updates again.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Run build-in Windows update troubleshooter that automatically analyze and resolve issues related to Windows update.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + s simultaneously
- Type troubleshoot, In the list of search results, select Troubleshoot settings
- Click on the additional troubleshooters link to display all available troubleshooters list
- locate and select Windows Update then click Run the troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows update components
Again if there’s something wrong with Windows Update components or corrupted this may cause windows Update stuck installing or fail to install. In such causes reset windows update components force windows update download and install fresh update files from the Microsoft server and resolve the issue.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R
- Type services.msc and click on ok,
- This will open the Windows services console
- Scroll down and locate, the Windows update service,
- Right-click windows update service select stop
- Now open windows explorer using the keyboard shortcut Windows + E,
- Navigate the following path C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Then Delete all the files inside the download folder (don’t delete the folder itself).
It may ask you for administrator permission. Give it. Don’t worry. There’s nothing vital here. Windows Update will recreate what it needs the next time you run it.
That’s all, Close everything and restart your PC,
On the next start open Windows update and click the “Download and install now” link under optional updates to get installed Windows 10 update 21H2.
Run DISM Tool And SFC Utility
Sometimes corrupted system files can cause Windows update stuck installation, Include Windows 10 21H2 update not installing error. Running DISM (Deployment Image & Servicing Management) restore health command helps you fix some Windows corruption errors.
- To run this Tool First open the Command prompt as an administrator
- Type Bellow commands and hits the enter key.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After 100% complete the scanning process Restart your computer.
- Now Run the SFC utility “sfc /scannow” to repair and replace corrupt system files.
- Wait until complete the 100 % scanning process.
- After that restart windows and try to install Windows 10 November 2019 update.
Use Windows Update Assistant
Besides the standard installation through over-the-air Windows Update, you can obtain the Windows 10 version 21H2 through the update assistant or use the official windows 10 Media Creation tool, as well. This may take a bit more effort but it proved as a more reliable way on many occasions.
Also, Microsoft made the Windows 10 version 21H2 Update ISO files available for download. Here is how to get Windows 10 ISO direct from the Microsoft server.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 update installation problems? Let us know on the comments below, Also read: